Loss Prevention Analyst
If you live safety always and everywhere and have a strong desire to build a better tomorrow then look to the company who helps feed the world.
Cultivating Excellence is Crop Production Services culture of ownership and joint accountability. At its heart, Cultivating Excellence is aboutachieving superior results with integrity together, connecting and collaborating across the entire organization.
While we have great people, it is not just about that; it’s the ability to own your own engagement, the opportunity to be innovative. It’s the opportunity to grow and develop your career in ways you never imagined while teaming up with people with a passion to make a difference in the world.
Who You Will Work With
You will work daily beside teams of people who will care about your safety on the job and at home. Together, you will have a Commitment to Zero and follow our 3 Safety Principles: Do It safely or not at all, There is always time to do it safely, and Care for each other’s health, safety and security.
Your team will bring out the best in you by enabling you to achieve goals and reach your full potential. You will own your own work and find innovative ways to deliver on our vision of feeding the world responsibly while working along beside 15,000 people around the globe who care about you.
The ‘Gateway to the Rockies!’ Loveland is located just 46 miles north of Denver on the I-25 Corridor. The quiet town is home to just over 65,000 people and is nestled in a valley at the entrance to the Big Thompson Canyon. Loveland is surrounded by lakes, parks and other recreational areas, and is a popular spot for varying water sports including rafting, as well as plenty of hiking and biking trails. Loveland has also become a popular art community ranked as the second best town. No matter what your interest, Loveland has something for everyone.
This position is responsible for a broad range of Loss Prevention activities with the objective of mitigating Agrium Retail’s (North America) risk of loss from fraud, waste and abuse.
Conduct detailed examination and analysis of documents, records and data. This can involve complex forensic analysis, tracing high volumes of transactions through accounting systems.
- Prepare summaries and analyses of findings and draft detailed reports and correspondence regarding results of the investigation. Each investigation is unique and creative thinking is required to determine how to best represent the investigation material for the particular reader.
- Various other responsibilities to assist the Loss Prevention Manager with investigations including working at the investigation site and participating in employee interviews.
- Evaluate control weaknesses identified through investigations or other means; develop policies, procedures and controls to remediate the weaknesses.
- Develop relationships with employees and managers in various positions cross-functionally throughout North American Retail
- Develop data mining, monitoring and related analytics to detect potential policy violations and patterns indicative of fraud or abuse. This activity currently represents a small % due to small # of staff and risk prioritization of investigations.
The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High performance behavior with the ability to work long hours, handle the pressures of high expectations, and deliver desired results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner); CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics) – considered an asset
- Knowledge of internal controls and accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Quickly learn computer software and user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and complex accounting transactions
- Highly organized with ability to work on several projects at once and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to manage a long term project from inception through completion
- Strong integrity and business ethics; absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Knowledge of / experience with fraud and fraud investigations (e.g. fraud schemes, indicators of fraud, investigation techniques and procedures)
- The ability to travel with in North America up to 20% of the time is required
Why Crop Production Services?
Winning together; Our Cultivating Excellence culture coupled with great people and delivering superior results with integrity is what sets Agrium apart from other career opportunities. We’re dedicated to winning together and that is what consistently makes Agrium an award winning company, listed as one of the best places to work both in Canada and the U.S.
Crop Production Services (an Agrium company) is an organizational culture that promotes sustainability and innovation, with a vision to help ‘feed the world’ in ways that protect the environment, support economic vitality, and enhance communities.
Crop Production Services is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
Those interested in this challenging opportunity please apply in confidence directly atwww.cpsagu.com/careers. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.