Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Automation – MDR Services: Agio, an MSSP for financial services firms, has integrated Respond Software automated decision-making platform into Agio’s Managed Detection & Response (MDR) suite of services.
2. Fortinet Financial Results: Fortinet’s revenue was $614.4 million for its Q4 of 2019, up 21 percent from Q4 of 2018. Net income was $115.2 million, down from $182.6 million in the corresponding quarter last year. The company touted momentum in multiple sectors — particularly SD-WANs.
3. Fortinet SD-WANs: Fortinet has unveiled a secure SD-WAN appliance designed for SMB deployments. It’s called the FortiGate 40F.
4. Ransomware Payment: The University of Maastricht paid hackers a ransom of 30 bitcoin — at the time worth 200,000 euros ($220,000) — to unblock its computer systems, including email and computers, after an attack that unfolded on Dec. 24, Reuters reports.
5. Ransomware Twist: Sophos has been investigating two different ransomware attacks where the adversaries deployed a legitimate, digitally signed hardware driver in order to delete security products from the targeted computers just prior to performing the destructive file encryption portion of the attack, the company says.
6. Australia Ransomware: Here’s the warning.
7. SIEM: CybrHawk has launched the Next-Gen Zero Trust CybrHawk Fusion Analytical Platform — also known as CybrHawk ZTR.
8. Funding – Cloud Security: Netskope has closed a new $340 million investment. The security cloud provider’s valuation is now nearly $3 billion. Sequoia Capital Global Equities led the round. New investors Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and PSP Investments participated, as well as all existing investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Accel, Base Partners, ICONIQ Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Geodesic Capital and Social Capital.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar