Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Research – Cloud Security: IBM’s latest findings are here.
2. Secure Managed Services: Ballast Services has introduced secure RMM (remote monitoring and management) services to address Work From Anywhere customer needs. The secure RMM services spans proactive infrastructure and security monitoring, security policy enforcement, critical vulnerability patching, anti-virus, malware defense, and employee security awareness training.
3. Alabama Ransomware Attack: The city of Florence, Alabama, suffered a ransomware attack and paid hackers an extortion fee — despite receiving multiple warnings that an attack was forthcoming, according to KrebsOnSecurity.
4. Funding: OPORA has raised $7 million in seed funding led by Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) and private angel investors. OPORA was founded by Yuval Diskin, the former head of Israel’s Internal Security Agency (Shin Bet). OPERA’s technology uses “pre-attack adversary behavior analytics” to deliver “preemptive adversary threat protection against the most persistent, organized, and largely uncontested cyber criminals operating today,” the startup asserts.
5. Government Cybersecurity: ThreatQuotient’s ThreatQ platform has been granted Authority to Operate (ATO) by the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) at the Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) level. Translation: Partners can more effectively pitch ThreatQ in IT project proposals to the DoD.
6. Human-Centric Security: Tessian has launched Human Layer Security (HLS) Intelligence to help customers mitigate the risk of accidental data loss, data exfiltration and advanced impersonation phishing attacks.
7. Phishing Emulator: IRONSCALES has launched a Phishing Emulator, an automated solution that allows organizations to evaluate their email security defenses. Specifically, Phishing Emulator allows security professionals to launching real-world, unmodified phishing attacks built to bypass secure email gateways and authentication protocols.
8. Secure SD-Branch: SonicWall has unveiled new secure SD-Branch capabilities, and a complete line of new multi-gigabit switches, to “cost-effectively scale and manage remote or branch locations,” the company says.
9, Funding – Cyber Risk Management: Axio has received funding led by Fin Venture Capital, IA Capital Group, and follow on participation from NFP Ventures. The company will use the funding to push deeper into the financial services vertical.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
Click here to go to the original Source of this story.
Get your CompTIA A+, Network+ White Hat-Hacker, Certified Web Intelligence Analyst and more starting at $35 a month. Click here for more details.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .