Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – SOCaaS: Arctic Wolf has raised another $60 million for its MSSP and MSP partner push.
2. Cyber Doomsday: A government report published on Wednesday outlines a cyberwar doomsday plan and recommends Washington make sweeping changes to address other cybersecurity challenges facing the country, Reuters says. Moreover, the U.S. lacks key abilities to avert cyberattacks, the Wall Street Journal says.
3. Ransomware Attacks North Carolina: The latest victim is the city and county governments of Durham, North Carolina, GovTech reports.
4. Chatbot Phishing Scam: Here are the details.
5. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Aptum, a global hybrid cloud and managed services provider, has embraced Alert Logic managed detection and response (MDR) for its global customers. Aptum is the first partner to offer Alert Logic’s MDR solution in Canada.
6. Partner Program: BlackBerry has taken these steps to enhance the BlackBerry Cylance partner program.
7. Cisco Managed Security Services: Here’s the partner strategy…
8. SOCaaS Upgrade: Cygilant has upgraded its SOCVue platform with centralized information management, ticketing, remote settings management and a vulnerability management dashboard.
9. Identity and Access Management: Identity Automation has acquired Enboard, provider of automated user account management, single sign-on (SSO), smart account provisioning, rostering, and secure encryption solutions for the education market.
10. MSPs – Compliance Tool: Beachhead Solutions, a provider of cloud-managed PC & mobile device encryption, security, and data access control for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), has released SimplySecure for MSPs 6.6 and introduced Compliancy Report into the MSP-popular platform. The new reporting tool – available at no extra cost – is designed for MSPs to provide clients with an audit-grade record. The record can document the exact security measures enforced on devices that are lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised, Beachhead says.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California) — Online only. Face-to-face canceled.
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2020 (May 16-21, New York). Canceled
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (June 1-4, Austin, Texas)
- Updated: Complete list of conference cancelations & postponements due to coronavirus concerns.
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar