Today’s MSSP and MDR (managed detection & response) news involves Alert Logic, Avanan, Fortinet, Involta & more.
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Emergency Small Business Loans: Here’s how to find them.
2. Free Software & Tech Tools – Work From Home: Here’s the list, updated daily.
3. Hackers Target Work From Home Trend: The details.
4. Talent – Email Security: Avanan has hired ThreatLocker, Ivanti and VOSS veteran Mike Lyons as global MSP/MSSP sales director.
5. Fortinet Partner Program: Here’s what’s new.
6. MSP-MDR Partnership: Involta, an MSP, is leveraging managed detection and response (MDR) capabilities from Alert Logic.
7. Ransomware Targets French Governments: France’s cyber-security agency issued an alert this week warning about a new ransomware gang that’s been recently seen targeting the networks of local government authorities, ZDNet reports.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences