Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com
1. M&A – Cyber Insurance: Coalition, a cyber insurance provider for small and midsize businesses, has acquired Internet scanning and cybersecurity firm BinaryEdge. Coalition will integrate BinaryEdge’s technology with its cyber insurance and security platform, allowing Coalition policyholders to map their Internet attack surface, monitor risk exposures in real-time, and proactively fix vulnerabilities so that they can stay one step ahead of their adversaries, the companies say.
2. Funding – Identity and Access Management (IAM): CloudKnox Security has raised $12 million in a new round of funding led by Sorenson Ventures with participation from early investors, including ClearSky Security, Dell Technologies Capital and Foundation Capital. CloudKnox plans to invest in its go-to-market strategy — which leans heavily on partners.
3. Cyber Insurance – Request for Information: International technology standards organization Object Management Group (OMG) has issued a Cyber Insurance Request for Information (RFI). The RFI seeks information about issues and practices related to the offerings and selection of cyber insurance products. The intent is to provide a roadmap to help users of cloud offerings select the best coverage to properly address their business risk. Ultimately, the group intends to develop a standard or guidelines for cyber insurance for cloud customers. This request for information is open to the public. The full request and details on how to respond can be found in the Cyber Insurance RFI. The deadline to respond is March 9, 2020, the group says.
4. Research – Rising Ransomware Costs: Ransomware costs doubled in Q4 2019 as Ryuk and Sodinokibi hit organizations hard, a new report from CoveWare says.
5. Research – Cybersecurity and Channel Partners: The latest Untangle findings are here.
6. Research – Phishing: Proofpoint has released its sixth annual global State of the Phish report.
7. SOAR Upgrade: Swimlane has launched version 10.0 of its security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) platform. The newest release has yielded up to 35X performance improvement in alarm ingestion rates and up to a 60X improvement in search query response and display rates, the company asserts. Both achievements significantly reduce mean time to detect (MTTD) and response (MTTR) for security incidents, Swimlane claims.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. MSP Ransomware Protection: Remote Techs, an MSP, has embraced NeuShield to protect its business and clientele from ransomware. NeuShield developed t mirror shielding technology to recover data and files when other malware defenses fail.
2. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar