Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 515001 – Enterprise Application Svcs
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
This Manager position provides project management and technical, functional, strategic & managerial leadership within the EAS Enterprise Document Management (EDM) Systems Team for the following applications, solutions and modules: OnBase, ShareBase, Financial Aid Solution, Transcript Capture Solution, Advanced Capture (OCR processing), Autonomy Idol (Full Text search), Barcode Processing, ShareBase/OnBase Integration, eForms, Workflow, Document Management/Retention and Reporting Dashboards.
The following technical systems integrations are also managed, developed, and supported: Student (SIS), Finance, Advance, CVM Patient-UVIS, Engineering, Slate Admissions, Research, Purchasing Contracts systems and data loads between the Student,HR, UVIS and Financials Systems.
This role also provides management and oversight for expanding EDM services to the Colleges for Student, campus departments for Human Resources and Foundations for advancement services.
The Manager, Enterprise Document Management Systems is responsible for strategic product review and selection, application development and support services for the Enterprise Document Management Systems and application technical support for the associated central offices (Registration and Records, Human Resources, Controller’s Office, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, Study Abroad, Advancement Services, University Cashiers’s Office, Foundations Accounting and Investments, CVM Hospital/Business Office, and Research Administration and Colleges)
This position manages a team of application analyst and developers performing: business processes analysis; change request evaluation; business requirement definition; functional and technical specification development; coding; system integration; unit, system and load test development and execution; code migration; production support, and system maintenance. The Manager also provides senior level technical/functional guidance and support to the team and often provides decision-making with broad and often institution-wide impacts that affect other systems, students, faculty and staff.
This position often represents OIT/EAS across campus and works/makes decisions with all levels of management including other campus managers, directors and data stewards.
Master’s degree; or Bachelor’s degree with zero – two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- For management-level roles, also include with the above requirements 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong management, judgment, leadership, communication, diplomacy, collaboration, and organization skills.
- This position has the authority, after working with customers to direct the team of analyst & programmers in implementations & modification to the enterprise applications and approves all software migrations and technology updates.
- Responsible for change management and governance of the OnBase/ShareBase applications and system integrations.
- Ability to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, campus representatives, customers, vendor, IT support staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical subjects including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead team to quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems that can affect a large number of customers.
- Ability to combine strong functional, conceptual and technical knowledge with a strong understanding of customer requirements to offer customer solutions to problems in a very practical, timely and efficient manner. Customer service skills are critical.
- Ability to effectively manage/lead a highly technical team to help translate functional requirements to technical design.
- Manage all OnBase and ShareBase system upgrades for the enterprise.
- Given the highly integrated mission critical and complex transaction nature of EDM systems, extensive project & customer management and technical /functional leadership is required.
- This position is expected to be a working manager position performing complex business process analysis and/or developing systems solutions.
- Proficiency in relevant technologies including or similar to: Hyland OnBase & WorkFlow, ShareBase, Records Management/Retention, Autonomy Idol, Advanced Capture OCR, Financial Aid Solution, Transcript Capture Solution, Electronic Forms, Reporting Dashboards, Scanning processes & Scanning Equipment (Hyland Technical Administrator Certification Preferred)
- Single Sign On Technologies, ISS, .Net, Java, Java Script, OnBase api, PDF POP, HTML, SQL, XML, Bar Code Technology, SFTP and EDI transmissions
- Knowledge of relevant technical trends and industry best practices for business process improvement and document management services.
- Ability to work with various levels within customer and IT organizations (including senior management) and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage project work and support tasks concurrently.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills with an ability to resolve complex, difficult technical issues at the macro level.
- Hyland Technical Administrator Certifications for OnBase System, Workflow and API (OCSA, OCWA, OCAPI)
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience with Hyland ShareBase solutions
- Experience with Hyland OnBase software solutions.
- Experience with Unity eforms and business process automation
- Experience with Service Now support software system
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00060568
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.