HD Supply ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations, water infrastructure and residential and non-residential construction sectors. Through approximately 500 locations across 48 states and six Canadian provinces, the company’s approximately 13,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers’ success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
JOB DESCRIPTION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Manage a team of associates that develop, implement and support new/existing software applications and hardware platforms. Work with user groups to ensure operational stability and that applications meet the practical needs of the company.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Builds relationship with key user and operation groups to identify and resolve business issues.
- Manages system development and support activities to meet user needs in a timely and cost effective manner while ensuring completion per the governance process.
- Manages and tracks the progress of multiple development projects to include administration, work plans, resource planning and control, status reports, and budgeting.
- Resolves information services problems by analyzing issues, discerning the most appropriate course of action, providing tactical direction and reallocating resources as necessary.
- Communicates status of activities with the team, peers, management and end-users.
- Selects, develops and motivates assigned staff.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS:
We’re looking for an excited, experienced, passionate and professional SAP BASIS MANAGER to join our team. You’ll collaborate with our business partners and across multiple groups to get the job done.
Stuff your great at:
- 12+ years of relative experience, SAP Basis Administration Certification
- Strong NetWeaver experience and familiarity with SAP ECC 6.0, CRM, SCM APO, BW, Enterprise Portal, Solution Manager PI/UNIX/Linux
- Experience with virtualized solutions for SAP/Basic Oracle
- Familiarity with SAP running on Linux and Oracle
- Enterprise level experience with deploying, tuning, and maintaining SAP HANA
- Support Pack Installation/Performance Monitoring/SAP heterogeneous copy/On Call Support Capability/Change Management experience
- Technical experience to manage and support SAP including general Basis Administration, Work Bench Organizer, Data Dictionary, Transport Management system, Client Strategy, System Landscape and On-line Support System
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Work with peers and senior leadership to deliver First Choice support
- Collaborates with team to determine strategy and plan for system implementations and upgrades
- Manage resources to maintain standard operating procedures to manage technologies based on best practice standards. Leads effort to develop technical standards to support and operate technologies within the system landscape
- Ensure the Basis team monitors trends to manage and plan system capacity based on projected growth rate to ensure system performance remains at acceptable levels
- Responsible for strategies and methodologies to manage the system’s lifecycle program in terms of ensuring compliance with vendor release
- Must understand and will be responsible for a system landscape that accommodates multiple support functions such as prototyping, development, testing and training
- Defines the processes and procedures necessary to operate and monitor the technical environments
- Implement and support enterprise applications in a global environment
- Develops and tracks activities through project plans
- Ensures that projects meet established time and cost parameters while adhering to established practices, procedures and standards
- Provide level of effort forecasting based on team’s abilities and experience
Job ID 2017-22283
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Posted Date 4/26/2017
Functional Area Information Technology
Job Locations US – GA – Atlanta
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time