This role will provide oversight for the Enterprise Systems Build function. The position will lead the teams that support a portfolio of functional application systems. The role will provide guidance, support, leadership and performance management for the team. Additionally, the person will provide thought leadership for the team as they engage with the Non-Regulated and Functional areas to learn and understand how to leverage the capabilities of the systems to improve the business processes. This position will support the Director of the Build function and new capabilities are planned and introduced. Along with the above tasks, this role with support the Director of the Build in the relationship management tasks.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology is required.
•7 + years technical team supervision experience in a medium to large IT environment including responsibility for build functions.
Other Skills and Requirements:
•Demonstrated team leadership, and expertise in building teams, with the ability to address people and process complexities.
•Effective communication skills (written/oral) with the ability to translate “tech speak” into business terms.
•Development, implementation and Support of business applications
•Experience in effectively managing IT budgets
•Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and implement advanced business solutions at a rapid pace.
•Proven ability to work with consumers of IT systems, understand their needs and has the ability to manage expectations.
•Available for on-call escalation support nights and weekends
- Team leadership of an IT development team.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate both within IT and with business leadership.
- Scope and define projects
- Define, review and maintain policies and procedures for IT management
- Maintain involvement in technology news and changing trends in the industry and provide management and internal teams with updates.
- Identify new solutions through research and collaboration with internal and external sources in order to improve/enhance partner experience.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in area of expertise by maintaining certifications current, attending seminars or though other related activities.
- Mentor team members and help them reach their full potential..
- Work with all IT team to ensure the quality of coordinated projects and business needs
- Manage a variety of development efforts across portfolio of applications
Explore the Possibilities
If you’re looking to make an impact, South Jersey Industries is the perfect place. For interns, college graduates, or experienced professionals, at South Jersey Industries we look for enthusiastic, talented professionals at every level of our enterprise. From call center representatives with excellent people skills to engineers with the vision and expertise to design tomorrow’s energy infrastructure, we know that our people fuel our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for every facet of our business. Explore the possibilities. You’ll be sure to find an opportunity that piques your interest.
- We are committed to developing and implementing innovative projects that increase energy efficiency and save clients money
- We provide an opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career in a variety of functional business areas
- We foster individual talents and abilities while promoting the value of teamwork
- Our culture prepares you for a lifetime of learning and professional development