Are you interested in leading IT and Infrastructure for a B Corp that is on a mission to improve the lives of billions of people?
Singularity University is looking for an ambitious and growth-oriented IT & Infrastructure Operations Manager to join our team.
You will design and support Singularity University’s technology infrastructure so that our global network of faculty, students, alumni, and staff can execute against our mission through digital technologies. This includes both internal IT tools supporting our global network of faculty, students, alumni, and staff, and externally facing systems that support our online courses and network presence. You will lead a diverse team of engineers and contractors who support SU’s hardware, software, and networks — both on campus and in the cloud — while delivering service as an individual contributor working alongside team members as needed.
- Provide leadership, management, and guidance to the SU Tech Ops team.
- Provision and support computers, video conferencing, printers, and other internal technology systems.
- Administer G Suite (Google Apps) and other SaaS services on behalf of internal users.
- Own all production infrastructure, deployment, upgrades, and patches for the operation of our customer- and staff-facing production environment consisting of Web, iOS, and Android applications.
- Lead staff to meet defined SLAs and SLOs for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance.
- Manage systems and tools for triaging support tickets.
- Create and maintain Disaster Recovery processes.
- Drive improvements in all facets of IT infrastructure process with a focus on the client experience.
- Recommend and implement tools for performance, security and availability.
You need to have:
- Experience setting up/managing office technology equipment (i.e., laptops, wireless networks, printers, projectors, etc.).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Previously demonstrated customer service-oriented work experience.
- Thrives in a fast moving, agile environment.
We’d like it if you have:
- Previously demonstrated leadership experience for technical teams.
- Experience selecting and managing vendors and outside contractors to meet organizational objectives.
- Experience with a scripting language or other programming language.
- Relevant technology certifications.
- Project management experience and/or certifications.
The primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA.
About Singularity University
Singularity University is a Benefit Corporation blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to positively impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic that push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, or local law.