The individual will develop, implement and maintain technology, controls and processes necessary to cost effectively ensure the safety of information systems assets. Interfaces with user community to understand security needs and implements procedures to accommodate as required. Ensure that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security. Conduct accurate evaluation of the level of security required. Provide reports to management regarding the effectiveness of data security and makes recommendations for the adoption of new procedures, policies and tools. Must be able to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to management.
Providing technical expertise and leadership across the primary technologies deployed at USC, supervising, directing and developing a team of technical staff
- Hands-on management of security programs, networks, firewalls, hardware, software upgrades and the IT support desk.
- Assist management in preparation and oversight of budgets relative to Infrastructure technology.
- Lead in the development, maintenance, and implementation of disaster recovery programs and business resumption planning.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and standards; participate in development of those policies.
- Design, plan for, implement and maintain network data communications systems.
- Develop, implement and maintain global security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Provide support as required for security related issues.
- Actively support LAN/WAN standards as well as interfaces to applications, from workstations, and among diverse systems.
- Maintain and support Network and Security management platforms.
- Provide Level III support on telecommunications-related issues.
- Understand the information security implications of technology solutions and ensure they comply with the Information Security policies and processes. Undertake proactive measures to ensure compliance with the Information Security policies and processes.
- Project Management
- Manage third-party software, hardware and outsource suppliers’ relationships.
- Develop and maintain processes to support business recovery in disaster situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, MIS, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology. Masters a plus.
- 10 to 15 years of experience as a senior technology professional
- A minimum of 2 years managerial experience
- 5+ years overall experience in telecommunications and networking. Must have solid and progressive experience working in technology infrastructure and networking in various environments. Experience with and knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and addressing/sub netting. Working knowledge of OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco routers/switches/OCS, Brocade routers/switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, MPLS, VPN, Data Center Management, Solarwinds, IPS/IDS, VMWare, Citrix. Must have working knowledge of various WAN technologies; experience with VPN & MPLS in a multi-site network preferred. Able to configure and implement moderately complex WAN schemes.
- Certification is preferred but not required (MCSE, MCP, CCNA, A+, or Net+). Must have demonstrated on-going growth through continuing education, network/telecom courses, and/or technical seminars.
- Possesses significant knowledge of general network security techniques, packet filtering, content proxies, router access control lists, Network and Host Intrusion Detection Systems.
- 4+ years overall experience in Data Security Architecture and related support.
- 5+ years customer service in technology support
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience.
- Ability to interface with a variety of technical and business personnel with courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
- Solid communication skills (both oral and written) to direct, organize and communicate with both technical and business personnel.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- General knowledge of LAN Operating Systems (VMware/Active Directory), hubs, switches. Working knowledge of QOS and layer 3 routing concepts.