Are you looking for employment with a purpose? Join the team at The American Water Works Association! Serving as the premier technical and educational resource to the water industry, the work we do impacts public health.
We’re seeking a team player who’s resourceful, energetic, and diplomatic to provide exceptional service. In addition, our Manager – IT Operations partners with employees and vendors on business projects, with a goal of maintaining operational integrity of AWWA technology and telecommunications infrastructure.
Our successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Design, plan, transition, develop and maintain AWWA Cloud Services strategy and operations.
· Design, plan, install, maintain, and manage AWWA network, servers, and telecommunication systems
o Ensure systems meet security needs, including PCI requirements
o Ensure systems meet current and future requirements for performance, fault tolerance, reliability, scalability, and availability
· Participate in the selection, installation, upgrade, and support of business applications
· Lead IT Operations team, including the Help Desk, to provide desktop/device support and Tier 1 business application support
· Assess process and system performance for continuous improvement,
o Recommend courses of action
o Create, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures
o Follow change management and communication protocols
· Manage work efforts of vendors and third-party contractors
· Manage all hardware inventory, software licensing, and all necessary hardware refresh and renewal processes
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
o Know, understand, and follow employee guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
o Work schedules as required including working remotely, evenings and/or weekend as needed
o Participate in budget process as requested
· Support AWWA mission and vision in all interactions with staff and external customers
· Provide leadership to direct reports
o Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
· Demonstrate and model AWWA core competencies in communication, productivity, quality, responsiveness and leadership
· Model and facilitate exceptional customer service to improve internal and external customer satisfaction
· Manage supervisory responsibilities for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance and professional development, coaching, mentoring, performance management, and termination of direct reports
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area required or a combination of education and progressively responsible work experience in related are may be substituted in lieu of degree on a year-for-year basis. ITIL certification preferred. Background must include a minimum of 4 years’ experience with configuration, administration, and monitoring of Intel-based servers, operating systems, TCP/IP firewalls, and Ethernet switches, protocols, and standards. Experience administering Windows desktop environment and telecommunications systems and supporting enterprise-level server based applications in a service desk or call center capacity required. Minimum 3 years’ experience in supervisory role and experience with management of transitioning services to cloud providers such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Windows server family including but not limited to Active Directory, Group Policy administration, IIS required. Intermediate proficiency in maintaining server documentation, software configuration, and operating procedures required. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Candidate must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Commitment to customer service, agility, critical thinking, problem-solving, attention-to-detail, analytical reasoning a must.
Team Work – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a cohesive team
Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
Communication – speaks in a respectful manner in all types of situations; listens and gets clarification
Interpersonal – builds effective relationships by being trustworthy; maintains pleasant disposition in stressful situations
Dependability – thrives in a fast paced work environment
Compensation dependent upon qualifications. AWWA offers a comprehensive benefits package with immediate eligibility and vesting for retirement savings plan with a 3% company match and 6% employer contribution upon hire.
Submission deadline is Wednesday, January 25, 2017.
AWWA is the largest membership organization of water industry professionals in North America. Our mission is to provide solutions to effectively manage water, the world’s most important resource. Additional information about working at AWWA is available here. As an employer dedicated to equal employment opportunity, minorities, women, veterans and disabled are encouraged to apply.