The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Networks Operations in our KPMG Technology Group in our Dallas, TX office.
- Provide support, participate and lead many LAN/WAN projects and tasks performed by the Network Operations team; tam with the IT architecture and engineering groups to help ensure alignment with business initiatives while adhering to KPMG guidelines and leading industry practices
- Conduct thorough review of proposed solutions against standards, ensure that proposal is engineered to fit client needs, account for all levels of resiliency and allow for growth; proactive maintenance, including periodic review of infrastructure to ensure compliance with standards with the premise of identifying and resolving problems before an issue occurs; install and test all new IOS software releases; ensure installed devices are OS and boilerplate compliant and testing of all new software releases; create and maintain documentation of guidelines and standards for specific technologies; assist in monitoring performance levels and trends throughout the firm to determine quality of service for the entire infrastructure
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level incident support; diagnostics and corrective actions; implementation and 3rd party engagement and coordination; vulnerability management; physical break fix; and “on-call coverage
- Provide post mortems for incidents; provide timely incident reporting to KPMG governance; create and maintain the known errors and resolutions registry to reduce repair times; track, update and close action items; provide statistical data pertaining to short term incidents and chronic network problems
- Implement scheduled changes on time, within a scheduled window and without causing an incident. Responsible for monitoring performance levels and trends throughout the firm to determine quality of service for the entire infrastructure
- Interface closely with all customers including Applications, Tax, Audit and Global, as well as end users to enable the successful delivery of KPMG’s network services; assist with internal and external audit requests; remain current on new hardware and software developments, evaluating alternative approaches and recommending new hardware/software modifications which will enhance the network services
- Five years of experience supporting IT enterprise networks
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 and CMDB and knowledge in scripting/coding for the purposes of automation utilizing the Python language
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Visio for network diagramming and documentation
- Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and team work; strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
- Must have knowledge and hands-on experience with: Network LAN/WAN Technologies Cisco Nexus 2K, 3K, 5K, 7K, 9K, 1000v; Catalyst 6500, 7600, 3750, Cisco routing ASR 1000, 3945 etc..Cisco ACS, Cisco CSS, F5 load balancers, Cisco Catalyst platform (COS/IOS), IP routing EIGRP, BGP, VRRP/HSRP, GRE, IPsec; VoIP, MPLS, SONET, DWDM, FTP, SFTP, STP, RSTP, TACACS+, ACS, RADIUS, Telnet/SSH Clients RSA, SecureID, and SNMP monitoring and reporting; IP subnetting, Telnet/SSH Clients, Raritan or Terminal Server Remote Access
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192).