External Job Description
The Manager, IT Strategy & Alignment is responsible for building projects from ideas into tangible, implementable solutions. This includes driving the completion of the business case, solution blueprint and conceptual design and estimating the work and engaging resources from other organizations as appropriate to complete these processes. This includes but is not restricted to listening to and developing a deep understanding of what the ascena enterprise is pursuing, and translating it into strategic positioning and helping prioritize the demand for technology work. Manager level BSA will drive these activities for several complex initiatives concurrently.
- Develop strong, well-documented business cases that facilitate downstream DevOps execution including construction of estimates. Drives overall application portfolio toward principles of simplicity and flexibility whenever possible. Drive ideation activities by developing, strategic integrated business solutions that meet business requirements, building Solution Conceptual Design and Solution Blueprint, compiling project estimates and managing idea to project kick off. Provides ongoing solution design expertise to project. May have multiple/complex business cases in flight at one time.
- Interacts closely and consistently with the Program Management Office and with ALL the “build and run” application services groups. Works tirelessly to help position their work, and reports on progress, opportunities and challenges with transparency and practicality. Effectively communicate solution vision/objectives to Run/Build and Coordinator teams
- Build key business relationships and act as a trusted business advisor for assigned business case development.
- Identify and pursue innovative ideas to optimize business practices
- Maintains at all times an outwardly focused, transparent and engaged attitude toward brand store and eComm operations and Home Office associates and management. Actively participates in all meetings adding to the conversation, discussion or policy formulation. Is able to understand the philosophy behind, adopt and visibly live the principles behind the ascena culture.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned or required.
- Position can be located in Etna, Mahwah, Duluth, New Albany or NYC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required; and strong 7+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Demonstrated successful experience in relationship and project management, project planning & estimation, requirements gathering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Consulting experience is preferred.
- Position Can be located in Etna, Ohio – Mahwah, NJ – Duluth, MN – New Albany, OH or NYC.
No additional notices.
State / Province
FR : Full Time – Regular
ACP00 : Ascena Retail Group Inc.
Auto req ID