Welcome back, Milford. Here’s all the local news, events, and community posts you need for Wednesday, Sept. 8.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Milford? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Rain overnight. High: 82 Low: 68.
Here are the top stories today in Milford:
- Man Accused Of Stalking Victim: Milford Police: A Middlebury man is accused of stalking a victim and breaking into her home, and stealing the security cameras. (Milford Patch)
- Quarantining And Vaccination Cards Update Via Milford Schools: The Milford schools and health departments shared an important update with school families. (Milford Patch)
- Milford-Based Sports Equipment Company Moving To Stratford: A Milford-based sports protective equipment company is moving its operations to Stratford, according to realtors. (Milford Patch)
- The Milford Arts Council Announces Artist Call for LIFTING RESTRICTIONS (Broadway World)
- Mayor Blake Invites Community To 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony (Press Release Desk)
- Milford’s Ben James wins AJGA Junior Players Championship (CT Post)
Today’s Milford Daily is brought to you by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Milford:
- Rosh Hashanah Day 2 (10:00 AM)
- V G SOC Jonathan Law @ Lauralton Hall (Scrim.) (3:45 PM)
- Wildermere Beach Church- Come Study God’s Word With Us (7:15 PM)
Milford Patch Notebook
- Milford CT City Hall: “️ Congratulations, Ben James! ️” (Facebook)
- Pantochino Productions: “ROCKY HORROR coming soon to Downtown Milford. Get your tickets now! #milfordarts #downtownmilfordct #discovermilfordct #milfordct #connecticut #rockyhorrorshow #drfranknfurter #bradandjanet #riffraff #magenta #columbia #eddysteddy #letsd…” (Instagram)
- Bridges Healthcare, Inc.: “1 in 5 Americans is affected by a #MentalHealth condition. Show your support for Bridges’ mental health and addiction recovery services at the Folks on Spokes Ride / Step Forward Memorial Walk on October 3, 2021 in Milford. Join us in-pe…” (Facebook)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome Association (RSDSA): “Join RSDSA for our next Facebook Live with Francesca Beaudoin, MD, PhD on Monday, September 27th at 7p Eastern as she discusses emergency department care for patients with chronic pain. Dr. Beaudoin is an Associate Professor and Interim …” (Facebook)
- Milford Arts Council, the MAC: “Calling all artists! Submissions are being accepted now for our Lifting Restrictions exhibit. Submissions must be received by September 10th! Find more info here: https://milfordarts.org/lifting-restrictions-artist-call-2021” (Facebook)
- Milford Regional Chamber of Commerce, CT: “2021 Fall bulk waste pickup is starting soon! https://www.ci.milford.ct.us/home/news/fall-2021-bulk-waste-pickup-program” (Facebook)
- Lauralton Hall Alumnae: “Rebecca Napolitano ’11 made headlines at Penn State! Becca is an assistant professor of architectural engineering, who is leading two teams that recently received two grants: a $1.5 million grant from the National Science Foundation thro…” (Facebook)
- Milford Prevention Council: “September is National Suicide Prevention Month. All month, mental health advocates, prevention organizations, survivors, allies, and community members unite to promote suicide prevention awareness.” (Facebook)
- Milford Public Library: “In 2021, 9/6-9/8 marks Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. Shana Tova- Happy New Year- to all those celebrating! Take a look in our a catalog if you’re interested in books about the holiday: https://bit.ly/3yRxPaT #milfordct” (Facebook)
- Bridges Healthcare, Inc.: “If you or someone you know is in an emergency, call The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or call 911 immediately.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- New Haven Painters — Free Quotes on Interior Exterior and Cabinets! (Visit website)
- Real Estate Agent Nick Vicino eRealty Advisors — Licensed Real Estate Agent Buying or Selling
- eRealty Real Estate Salesperson Delaney Smith — Friendly No Pressure Real Estate Agent
- Add your business here
- September 13th, 14th “Live” Virtual CT Real Estate Licensing Classes! (September 8)
- Free Virtual College Planning Workshop (September 8)
- A Conversation with World-Renowned Hindu Leader Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswati (September 9)
- Fair Season Begins! September, Fall Fair! (September 11)
- Milford Kiwanis Annual Golf Tournament Memory of Jimmy Wayne (September 13)
- Free Virtual College Planning Workshop (September 13)
- Add your event
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you soon. If you’re into these newsletters, consider bringing some more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Chris Rhatigan
About me: Chris Rhatigan is a freelance writer and editor.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Milford Daily? Contact me at email@example.com.
Original Source link