Basis Technology has an opening for Mobile Exploitation Analyst, a mid-level career position. We are the leading provider of software solutions for extracting meaningful intelligence from multilingual text and digital devices. Our mission is to improve these solutions by developing the industry’s best software. Our language analysis and digital forensics software is widely used in the U.S. defense and intelligence community and by firms such as CACI, Lockheed Martin, MITRE, Northrop Grumman, and SAIC.
- Conduct forensic examination of high priority digital media derived from mobile devices to include:
- Full-scope forensic examinations
- Advanced registry and Internet history analysis
- Steganography detection and analysis
- Large data set analysis and target language keyword search
- Forensic tool and script development
- Sector-level entity extraction
- Metadata extraction and analysis
- Network forensics and analysis
- Generate forensic reports of interest to customers and the intelligence community (IC)
- Perform application and Internet activities analysis to support source vetting, digital profiling, and other requirements.
- Apply reverse engineering techniques to detect and identify malware.
- Coordinate, develop, and promulgate forensic and technical exploitation standards for forward-deployed IC/Department of Defense assets.
- Provide technical support for federated partners, internal customers, and deployed platforms.
- Provide global (deployable) technical exploitation response capabilities, as required.
- Plan, integrate, and execute full-spectrum technical exploitation plans, exercises, training, and operations as required
- U.S. citizenship with active TS/SCI government security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related technical discipline and at least 4 years of related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated technical exploitation experience and skills such as computer forensics, DOMEX, reverse engineering, and malware analysis
- Ability to design, implement, and document computer forensics services to include evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery
- Ability to convey technical information effectively and concisely to a wide range of audiences.
- Possessing at least one certification from industry standard EnCE, ACE, CCE, or GIAC forensic certifications
- Working experience in hardware configuration and network/data communications
- Working experience in software development and scripting
- Working experience in database technology and database exploitation forensics
- Working experience conducting intelligence analysis and writing finished intelligence reports