- Provide continuous comprehensive gap analysis of the IT Security monitoring and tracking environment within BBVA Compass and make practical recommendations.
- Maintain 24/7 situational readiness to respond to high impact security events and threats to BBVA compass and its customers.
- Monitors and corrects issues with the monitoring systems and forensic tools operating within area of responsibility.
- Manage forensic investigative processes and cases as related to IT Security Incidents.
- Responsible for the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incident, and overall SOC functions
- Prepare and report weekly security risks and significant events to Senior Management.
- Prepare investigative case reports for various entities, which may include state and federal law enforcement officials, regarding high risk security events or other illegal activities against the bank.
- Conduct comprehensive investigations of significant security events.
- Work in multiple systems to provide oversight for individual events and overall operational security landscape.
- Provide guidance and direction to BBVA Compass Lines of Business (LOB) related to cyber security.
- Maintain internal tracking system to serve as a case management tool for Security Incident activity.
- Keep accurate and concise records for all cases.
- Support all lines of business within the bank, as well as local and federal law enforcement and courts with regards to Cyber Security crimes.
- Lead the hiring of team members, FTE and contractors, while ensuring the staff possess the proper level of competencies and skills to complete the assigned tasks .
- May require extended hours or remote work.
- Resource allocation, project costing, contract management, goal development, team building, and performance assessment.
- Responsible for 24x7x365 detection, response and escalation of Internet related security breaches.
- Responsible for providing recommendations to management for corrective actions.
- Managing appropriate responses to and compliance with regulations
Required Qualifications (Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience with direct management or proven ability in a leadership role/capacity
- Minimum of five years background in Cyber Security, Cyber Threat Analysis, or Incident Response.
- Able to manage and resolve complex issues and high profile security incidents.
- Strong people management skills and experience working as part of a cross functional team.
- Strong organizational skills required to track, prioritize, and ensure proper completion of the team’s work.
- Strong organizational, research, analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate situations, make recommendations and take effective action.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills are essential to manage complex projects in a multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning and execution, change planning and management,
- Experience with the management and monitoring of enterprise security technologies, including SIEM, anti-virus, anti-malware, DLP, IDS/ IPS, vulnerability scanners, configuration management, and encryption
- Experience with leading the development, implementation, and management of incident response plans and response activities
- Understanding of security threat environment relative to computer network architectures, designs, topologies, applications, databases, email systems, remote access, and operating system platforms
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to interface and communicate with all levels of company management, as well as external audit agencies.
Required Education and Training:
BS/BA in computer science, information systems, business, or equivalent
Preferred Professional training:
Professional Certification (SANS GIAC, CISSP or equivalent)