(844) 627-8267 | Info@NationalCyberSecurity
(844) 627-8267 | Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Mum’s heartbreaking warning goes viral urging all parents to keep plugs out of reach | #childsafety | #kids | #chldern | #parents | #schoolsafey

An AUSSIE mum has begged other parents to hide their bath plugs after her young son almost drowned in a horrifying near-miss.

Illi went to bed for the evening, and was awoken at 4am by her older son alerting her to an incident with youngest son Archie.

Archie was saved by his four-year-old brother who woke in the night and alerted his parents Credit: @CPR KidsCredit: @CPR Kids

Writing of the incident online, she said: “This situation is not something I ever would of thought of and it’s led me to think what other serious dangers are there that a two-year old mind thinks of but I definitely haven’t.”

In the middle of the night, two-year-old Archie had had got out of his bed and run a bath using the bath plug.

The bath was overflowing and the bathroom began flooding

After he failed to pull himself out, little Archie fell asleep in the tub.

Thankfully his brother heard the noise and woke Illi up, as it could have been a much worse outcome.

 “I just can’t believe what a close call this was,” she said.

“I’m so incredibly grateful my four-year-old woke up as we would never have heard (our room is at the other end of the house. “

Little Archie was checked over by medics and he is “absolutely fine”, his mum said, although she is well aware if her eldest son had woken a few minutes later, it could be a very different story.

Illi has now put an extra lock on the bathroom door and locked the plug out of the children’s reach.

A sensor has also been placed on the door to ensure she’ll wake up if they do go in.

She shared her post on CPR kids’ Instagram page to highlight how quickly accidents like this can happen in the home, and urge others to take precautions.

“I hope this story can educate other parents because honestly I consider myself to be really on top of child safety, every effort is taken to ensure the safety of our kids at all times but I honestly just never thought of locking away the plug,” she said.

Parenting have flooded to the comment section, with many commenting on how they’d also never thought of the potential danger.

One commented: “I can only imagine how distressing this must have been. Thank you for the wake up call.

“Five kids in and I’ve never thought about this – our plug will be finding a new home.”

“Wow! Removing the stool from our bathroom as we speak, thanks for sharing this scary but real story,” another said.


Source link

National Cyber Security