The National Cyber Security Alliance has declared October to be National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Here are a few cybersecurity practices to boost your safety online:
• Make sure anti-virus software is up to date on computers, smartphones, gaming systems and all other devices that connect to the internet.
• Avoid phishing scams by never revealing personal or financial information in an email.
• Delete suspicious URLs and emails.
• Use strong passwords that are unique to each of your online accounts.
• Back up data by using devices like external hard drives.
Stay safe out there this October and beyond.
– Andrew Aston, Jones PR