Working 12 months per year
Information Technology Services
troubleshooting and implementation of Local Area Networking, Wide Area Networking, Wireless Local Area Networking, Voice over IP,
Telecommunications Systems, and associated infrastructure on ISU campuses. Plan, organize and supervise the daily activities of student
workforce. Oversee and inspect work performed by contractors installing or maintaining network infrastructure on campus. Work with assigned
Network Engineer(s) in the design, development and installation of network infrastructures, systems and projects.
- Perform tasks related to the design, installation, maintenance, and integration of transport media and
related equipment to include copper and fiber optic plant facilities.
- Train and supervise student, work-study, and subcontractor
cable crews. Ensure quality control and documentation of structured cable plant facilities.
- Monitor and maintain network health and
operational status using network monitoring applications and logs.
- Operate and maintain network operational and monitoring systems
as assigned and in conjunction with assigned Network Engineer. Such systems may include DNS, DHCP, Spunk, Observium, NetDB, Nagios/WUG,
- Provide installation and troubleshooting of ISU physical network infrastructure including but not limited to copper,
fiber-optic and wireless infrastructures.
- Work in a team setting and contribute to operational solutions for the enterprise voice
and data network.
- Work directly with ITS Network and Communications customers in resolving customer network issues and concerns in a
comprehensive, timely, and effective manner, providing exceptional customer focused support.
- Shared 24×7 on-call and after hours
network installation and maintenance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology field with at least one (1) year full-time hands-on experience OR
Technical Degree/Certificate in Telecommunications/Networking, or related field with at least three (3) years full-time hands-on experience
OR at least six (6) years full-time hands-on experience.
- Experience in networking and telecommunications concepts, principles,
applications, protocols, design, configuration, installation, and system management of routers, switches, network operating systems,
servers, VPNs, etc., in a converged LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP environment.
- Experience in maintenance procedures and equipment analysis,
evaluation, testing, and consulting.
- Experience with copper, fiber optics, and wireless infrastructures.
- Experience in
packet and protocol analysis.
- Clear understanding of the OSI model with experience working at all layers and associated protocol
- Cisco CCNA certification.
- Experience in a large corporate,
municipality, or educational institution.
- Experience designing, installing, monitoring, configuring, and managing, network servers,
applications and storage.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1054&site=1
Please submit the following documents
with your application:
Resume, cover letter and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by July 26, 2020. However, the position will remain open until filled.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional
ISU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans’ preference.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.