This position will require day-to-day management of 30+ EGI WAN remote locations, with a primary focus on facilities located in Pennsylvania. The Network Administrator will manage a corporate-wide Active Directory, as well as upgrade and improve the overall IT infrastructure at the EGI facilities. This position is responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting company’s computer systems: LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage LAN/WAN performance and security;
- WAN management to include working closely with Telco providers for circuit installation and troubleshooting;
- Manage local area network, network cabling, switches, servers, wireless, file/print, with broad scope of various cross discipline security services;
- Review and analyze software and hardware needs;
- Recommend changes and upgrades to ensure software and hardware are meeting the management information needs, while maintaining compliance with other corporate mandated systems;
- Work with Business Unit managers and employees to help solve business issues or challenges, including but not restricted to issues relating to the computer system;
- Provide first level of support to business and local users in all facets of IT and to help develop and enforce policies and procedures (both local and corporate wide);
- Assist the IT Infrastructure Group with EGI-wide projects concerning training, information systems or technologies such as WAN, telecommunications, acquisitions, etc.;
- Troubleshoot and help support day-to-day problem resolutions at Business Units;
- Work closely with business units and PBX vendors for the setup and configuration of telephones and telephone system management;
- Provide general backup and support to EGI IT Department at other EGI business units on an as needed basis;
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems;
- Install and maintain network hardware and software;
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance;
- Analyze and isolate issues;
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users;
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security;
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations;
- Design and deploy networks;
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers;
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems;
- Identify user needs;
- Determine network and system requirements;
- Perform network address assignment;
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration;
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services;
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches;
- Available for emergency situations that may arise outside the course of the regular workday or week;
- Other duties as necessary;
- Abide by all policies and procedures established by the Company, and
- Meet attendance requirements.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of WAN routing including router configuration and various VPN technologies;
- Strong understanding User/Group management Directory services in Microsoft Active Directory;
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills that result in quality solutions and concluding projects in an efficient manner;
- Strong organizational and project/time management skills;
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently (self-directed);
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Team player;
- Ability to travel regionally;
- Ability to adjust to continuously changing environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in basic Network Administration tasks in a multi-site environment;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with VMWare, I-SCSI Storage SANS, Microsoft Exchange/Office 365;
- Experience with I-SCSI storage systems, file server backup technologies, VMWare architecture & technologies, and with Microsoft Exchange E-Mail systems and/or Office 36.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand, walk, use hands to operate equipment, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The work environment has no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions and includes travel occasionally by land and/or air.
Disclaimer, Acknowledgments and Signatures
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
Ellwood Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, or other basis protected by applicable law.