- Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems.
- Creation of technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events.
- Provides assistance in computer incident investigations
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
- Collaborate well with members of the IAM team on daily policy issues.
- Provide quality customer service with excellent communication skills.
- Recommend modifications to access control lists to prevent and mitigate intrusions.
- Two years relevant IT experience: four years of relevant IA and/or security experience, and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to apply for and maintain a clearance and or have an active Security Clearance.
- Work 12hr shifts on a rotating basis, working no more than 3 days in a row.
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies and protocols.
- Understanding of network hardware devices and experience configuring Access Control Lists or other Firewall or Router configuration experience.
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts.
- DOD 8570 Compliance, or the ability to quickly obtain and maintain active security certifications: Network+, Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CEH.
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
- Have used network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, and other Host or Network based Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience with system vulnerability assessment.
- Familiar with computer forensic tools FTK, EnCase or other network forensic applications.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages and scripting languages. Previous scripting and coding experience is desired but not required.
- An understanding of DOD and Army information assurance policy and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success.