As a Lead Network Security Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, design, implement, and provide ongoing support of highly complex, heterogeneous networks.
- Serve as technical lead for hardware installation, configuration, and operational support of these networks’ routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, VPN concentrators and wireless access points.
- Serve as technical lead and mentor for network and security engineering team.
- Prioritize workload for network and security engineering team.
- Provide top-level support for voice and data network systems.
- Identify departmental needs and make recommendations regarding technical direction.
- Interface with various lines of business on projects in a consultative manner to understand requirements, and design and implement solutions to meet those requirements. This may include guiding users in formulating requirements, providing alternative approaches/best practices and conducting feasibility studies.
- Work with the Information Security team to ensure solutions meet Performant’s security requirements.
- Responsible for proactive monitoring of system infrastructure.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Manage system vendors.
- Participate in developing hardware, software and documentation standards.
- Follow Performant IT policies and processes.
- Produce timely status reports and time entry, keep organization informed.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Periodic on-call after hours support required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of various security standards such as CIS, STIG’s and NIST.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as VoIP, QoS, Ethernet, LAN, WAN, MPLS, VPNs (SSL/IPSEC), TCP/IP, OCx, 802.11x.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Palo Alto, Juniper, HP, Avaya and Cisco Hardware.
- Hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting expertise.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure monitoring tools (Solarwinds preferred).
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to conduct research into system and networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to interact with management, stakeholders and business leaders in a professional manner.
- Highly self-motivated, organized and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, take direction and report status.
- Ability to obtain security clearance for Public Trust Positions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Job is in a busy standard office environment with moderate noise level, sits at a desk during scheduled shift, making outbound calls and answering inbound return calls using an office phone system; views a computer monitor, types on a keyboard and uses a mouse. Reads and comprehends information in electronic (computer) or paper form (written/printed).
- Sit/stand 8 or more hours per day; has the option to stand as needed while on calls; reach as needed to use office equipment.
- Consistently viewing a computer screen and types frequently, but not constantly, using a keyboard to update accounts.
- Consistently communicates on the phone with account holders, may dial manually when need or use dialer system; head-set is also provided.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 10lbs.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive experience working in a switched and routed environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper and Avaya certifications are a plus.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Performant is a government contractor and has specific client requirements.
- Must submit to and pass background check.
- Must not have any Federal or State liens resulting from County, State or Federal tax issues.
- Must not have any current defaulted student loans.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check; must not have any felony convictions or specific misdemeanors.
- Must submit to and pass drug screen.
- Certain client assignments for this position may require submission to and successful outcome of additional background and/or clearances throughout employment with the Company.
Due to clearance requirements, work visa sponsorship is not available.
Job Profile is subject to change at any time.
Performant Financial Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Performant Financial Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, political belief status, or any other consideration made unlawful by law.
NO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS