ASRC Federal InuTeq provides information security, enterprise architecture, software development and health IT solutions to federal government customers. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices. We are seeking a Network Specialist, Tier 1 to support a DoD contract in Aberdeen, MD. This is a second shift position (hours are 12-8 pm Monday through Friday).
Description: The Network Operations Center (NOC) Specialist provides technical support and coordinates activities to ensure the overall health and maintenance of the network environments in support of 24/7 operations. The Specialist is responsible for verifying swift and accurate response to all alerts, ensuring the repair or escalation of issues as appropriate. Working closely with the NOC Manager, the NOC specialist is responsible for the continued quality of service for the end users and fault management monitoring. The NOC Specialist will strive to maintain the highest level of service for all customers assuring the appropriate and timely notification of network and maintenance status is actively posted to NOC customers.
- Provides technical support and monitors day to day operations of Network Operation Centers
- Assists the NOC Manager in managing the daily workflow for all efforts involved in deploying and sustaining technology within our client’s data centers and facility MDFs.
- Assists the NOC Manager in the development of NOC processes and procedures
- Ensures NOC operations meet support and performance metric requirements.
- Strives to meet network availability and Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR) objectives.
- Assists the NOC Manager in managing the escalations by customers and other internal departments of NOC Sev 1 and 2 issues.
- Monitors all outages/issues through the return to normal services.
- Coordinates and assists in service maintenance activities.
- Assists the NOC Manager in managing the capacity and capabilities for our NOC facilities, including network capacity / utilization performance rates.
- Supports special projects such as training programs, new tools and processes associated with our data centers.
- Specific projects as directed by NOC Manager.
- Responds to Help Desk telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support in a timely and courteous manner.
- Provides initial triage of problems impacting network services to determine problem source and provides resolution if possible.
- Identifies and escalates issues requiring urgent attention by other IT resources or 3rd party vendors to the appropriate resource for expeditious troubleshooting and resolution.
- Support management of all U.S Cyber Command and Service level CTOs, Service level CERT, HPC CERT and site level firewall block and change requests.
Must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required or equivalent experience.
- Must have a current CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent security certification.
- A current technical certification is highly desired or must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of datacenter technologies including: Local (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN); NAS and/or SAN storage technologies. Oracle technologies, Linux, Microsoft Server, firewalls, and VPNs Network protocols such as TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- 3+ years in Network Administration
- 3+ years Network Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- 3+ years background in Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Server Monitoring
- 3+ years troubleshooting and resolving Network/System related issues
- 3+ years of related (data center environment) experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting a mission critical IT infrastructure
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
– Network & Telecomm Srvc
– United States-MD, United States-Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD, United States
– High School Diploma / (GED)
– Evening Job / 2nd Shift
– Individual Contributor/Non-Management