CARE Ecuador seeks to support the implementation of an anticipated US Department of Labor (DOL) funded Project to Improve Adherence to International Labor Standards in the Agricultural Sector in Ecuador. The project seeks to:
Improve adherence to international labor standards, specifically related to child labor, forced labor, and the promotion of labor rights, within the agricultural sector, particularly in the banana and cut flower supply chains.
Address evidence regarding the prevalence of child labor in the banana and cut flower sectors, as well as to build awareness and capacity to mitigate the risk of other labor rights abuses, including forced labor, and to support efforts to address occupational safety and health issues.
Applicants may submit resumes to CARE Ecuador firstname.lastname@example.org until September 17th and must include a presentation letter that includes a commitment to participating in this position upon award.
This is anticipated to be a four-year activity (2024-2028). This position is contingent upon award.
The Specialist will be primarily responsible for analyzing and evaluating occupational safety and health management findings and recommending corrective actions in the agriculture sector. Also, will serve as the project’s health & safety representative and resource for daily operations and activities, and will be responsible, when needed, for designing policies and procedures that help prevent harm to workers and property.
1.Assess, inspect and prepare
- Assist in identifying potential health & safety hazards, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Inspecting workplaces/sites to ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations. Includes testing and measuring potential hazards to protect the safety of workers, the public, and the environment.
- Preparing and presenting educational programs to teach employers and workers about workplace safety, as well as altering workplace protocols to mitigate dangerous working conditions.
2.Audits, investigations & action plans
- Inspect and audit work sites, offices, vehicles, equipment, and work practices to monitor internal and external (DOL) compliance, safe work practices and unsafe working conditions.
- Oversee the investigation and corrective action process of incidents, and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities.
- Plan and deliver safety trainings on a variety of health & safety topics.
- Stay current on national and local labor and other applicable safety regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years relevant experience in developing and analyzing occupational safety and health programs including methods, procedures, and techniques in the agriculture sector.
- Master’s degree and experience in developing, analyzing occupational safety and health programs including methods, procedures, and techniques in the agriculture sector.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.* If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.***
Starting salaries are based on internal equity, candidate experience, and the cost of labor where the job is based. Salaries listed only apply to jobs based in the US.