OCEAN CITY, NJ — Here are the latest coronavirus updates around Ocean City and Cape May County.
The Cape May County Health Department reported the following in Ocean City as of Friday morning — figures from Ocean City Patch’s last update Nov. 1 are in parenthesis.
- resident active cases: 37 (35)
- residents cleared off quarantine: 158 (120)
- community deaths: one (one)
- nonresident active cases: zero (zero)
- longterm-care active cases: zero (zero)
- longterm-care cleared off quarantine: five (five)
- longterm-care deaths: two (two)
New Jersey Coronavirus Updates: Don’t miss local and statewide announcements about coronavirus precautions. Sign up for Patch alerts and daily newsletters.
The CMCHD reported the following county-wide numbers as of Friday morning — Nov. 1 figures in parenthesis:
- community resident active cases: 306 (163)
- community residents cleared off quarantine: 1,390 (1,206)
- community deaths: 34 (32)
- nonresident active cases: 12 (seven)
- longterm-care active cases: five (eight)
- longterm-care cleared off quarantine: 199 (190)
- longterm-care deaths: 62 (62)
Here is Cape May County’s 30-day case summary:
See more data here.
Here’s what else you should know:
- With coronavirus cases rising to their highest rate in New Jersey since the pandemic began, Gov. Phil Murphy and health officials are strongly recommending that residents not travel or have large gatherings at their households for Thanksgiving and the holidays. MORE.
- Murphy said there are no plans to shift all New Jersey schools — yet — to all-remote, despite the sharp rise in cases in recent weeks. MORE.
- It’s well known that COVID-19 cases are up across New Jersey. And now COVID hospitalizations are up, too. MORE.
Click here to get Patch email notifications on this or other local news articles or get Patch breaking news alerts sent right to your phone with our app. Download here. Follow Ocean City Patch on Facebook. Have a news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.