Open Source Intel Analyst
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Open Source Analyst to join our team in Kingstowne, VA and other local locations to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Open Source Social Media Analyst will need to perform in a mission-driven environment and be capable and comfortable working in an open, collaborative, mission-critical environment. The Open Source Social Media Analyst will be responsible for developing professional research packages utilizing sources in multiple languages and reporting findings and case summaries of relevant, actionable data to various stakeholders. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The creation, delivery, and presentation of regular OSINT research reports on a variety of subjects and targets of interest. Analysts will be expected to self-manage multiple concurrent assignments across various mission sets.
- Learn and employ various research and open source tools, techniques, and best practices to identify relevant information from Open Source.
- Analyze findings in a larger strategic context to demonstrate and highlight the importance of identified research to specific law enforcement and intelligence efforts.
- Brief various government stakeholders, to include senior leaders, on open source best practices and select work products.
- In conjunction with client divisions, develop, build, and conduct training courses for client staff across the country on OSINT Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 8 years of overall IT related experience or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience conducting open source research and analysis, to include a proven ability to generate actionable reporting in a timely manner and tie OSINT collections into larger reporting deliverables for senior government leaders.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the deep and dark web, social media and social networking sites, and OSINT research and Operational Security best practices.
- Strong communication skills and presentation ability.
- A strong background in written communication and/or IC/Law Enforcement/Military reporting.
- Excellent analytical skills with close attention to detail, strong critical thinking/logic skills, and an ability to learn/adapt quickly in solution-oriented culture.
- Flexibility to work an event-driven work schedule on an as-needed basis, to include working irregular hours in response to national/international events
- Past experience supporting the US Military, Law Enforcement, or Intelligence OSINT Communities using investigatory and analytic OSINT and social media tools and best practices
- Familiarity with hacking communities, virtual currencies, and mobile application development.
- Experience in computer forensics, coding and geo-coding.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in mobile technologies and Deep and Dark web exploitation, as well as an interest in expanding knowledge in that space and producing White Papers on these topics in conjunction with client subject matter experts
- A familiarity with client systems and data sets such as TECS or the FINCEN database, and an ability to recommend incorporations of Open Source research into existing data sets to optimize research and client recommendations.
- A history of publications and/or completing long-form writing assignments.
- Proficiency in any of the following languages: Arabic, Pashtun, Farsi, Spanish, Urdu, Russian, Mandarin, or Portuguese
- Active TS preferred
Government Eligibility Requirements:
Clearance – Must pass CBP BI. Must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one.
Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen.
Job Location – 5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway, Alexandria, VA. And other local locations.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.