S&P Global Ratings is seeking a Governance and Controls Administrator to monitor and mature Operational controls within the organization. This position will ensure that Operational controls meet regulatory and audit requirements as well as align to industry best practices including IT SOX.
The candidate will be working closely with IT counter parts to monitor that controls meet defined and documented requirements. The position will also be responsible for enhancing and further automating monitoring process to allow for broader coverage across the Ratings IT portfolio of applications.
The individual will report to the Director of IT Operations who leads the Governance function. The IT Operations Governance team includes global coverage of the Change Management function as well as enabling our Controls Monitoring function for regular review and reports of operating controls around our applications and infrastructure.
The candidate will need to work collaboratively across the organization and must be able to follow-up on open items, develop meeting agendas and produce project plans and metrics to move initiatives forward.
In addition, the candidate must be able to manage multiple project streams simultaneously. Activities will include planning and executing the assessment activities, participating in meetings, ensuring the appropriate level of management review on action items and responses, and tracking commitments to closure.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and bi-annual IT Operational controls
- Document and demonstrate monitoring activity
- Provide primary support for yearly SOX IT audit exam for Ratings IT Operations
- Further institutionalize segregation of duties control across Ratings IT applications
- Define opportunities for automation of monitoring IT controls
- Track action plans to completion, monitor and report on IT risk and IT control related activities
- Manage a portfolio of activities related to planning and executing the IT control assessment activities
- Strong technical Information security and IT risk management background
- Outstanding business acumen and communication skills
- Ability to understand and convey IT control and risk management concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provides IT control expertise while working with the businesses and other risk partners
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Align to other relevant control assessment activities within the organization
- Align with findings and management responses resulting from other control assessments with touchpoints
- Produce regular metrics, reporting, and escalation of items for attention
- Works in collaboration with other teams to build best practices
- Conduct reviews of current processes with recommendations on auditing, reporting and exception identification and remediation
- Reviews IT documentation
- Bachelors required or higher degree preferred
- Strong technology background
- Experience in the following areas: technology, project management; process management, IT audit and quality control
- Excellent organizational and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to inspire others to find creative solutions to challenging situations or problems
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of technology and business including business processes
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and synthesize towards solutions
- Problem solver that is resourceful and creative
- Excellent organizational skills communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects that meet the business objectives within scope and schedule
- Creative, results driven, self-motivated, and solutions oriented to execute projects
- Demonstrated skills in tailoring presentations/communications to varied audiences (i.e. business vs. technical and working group vs. executive management)
- Track record of superior performance with emphasis on quality, ability to deliver timely results
- Ability to operate in a complex, fast paced, matrix environment
- Willingness to be hands-on and detailed oriented
- Able to demonstrate leadership, practical approach and ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Understanding of basic project management practices; PMP or Six Sigma certification a plus
- Experience in Technology Audit, and possess an understanding of key Technology general controls and risk mitigation procedures is preferred
- Experience in Financial Services
- Understanding of regulatory landscape for Technology
- Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certifications preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of SharePoint
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.