A Little About Oath:
When you impact millions of people every day, you become a large target for adversaries of all types within all layers of the stack. Our job is to keep our users safe and make Oath one of the safest places on the Internet.
We are the information security team at Oath; known as “The Paranoids“.
We protect Oath, its brands, and their users. We ensure that our users are kept safe from targeted attacks and account hijacking. We investigate cyber threats that affects Oath’s infrastructure, properties, and worldwide user base and apply innovative legal and technical remedies to mitigate those activities.
You are a dynamic, experienced cyber threat investigator who tackles serious problems at Oath scale. Your interpersonal and communication skills will help insure that stakeholders across the company are represented and their issues are addressed and investigated by the Advanced Threats team. You can adeptly manage multiple technically-demanding cases while achieving results. You are a proven collaborator with others in industry and academia.
- Work with internal teams – such as Legal, Mail, PR, Customer Care, the Paranoids, and others – to ensure that any targeted threat issues encountered on Oath properties are identified and escalated to the Advanced Cyber Threats team.
- Utilize internal Oath tools, cyber-threat intelligence feeds, and external open-source resources to conduct independent, efficient, and comprehensive investigations.
- Collaborate with other Advanced Cyber Threats investigators and other Paranoids teams on emerging issues and incidents.
- Deliver results by reducing account hijacking and malware activity on our platforms through targeted, purposeful actions.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field; higher degrees are a plus.
- A passion for protecting users and making the Internet a safer place for everyone.
- Proven track record of investigating large-scale internet abuse issues.
- -5 years experience in information security, forensics, threat intelligence, or counterintelligence.
- Intermediate to advanced development or scripting experience in Perl, Python, PHP, or related languages; data storage experience in MySQL, Hadoop, or similar.
- Must possess excellent written communication skills and the proven ability to understand and present complex technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and a self-starter capable of interfacing with engineering, policy, legal, and product teams.
- Familiar with the current government-backed (“APT”) threat landscape and the various actors and groups involved.
- Experience in malware analysis and/or reverse engineering a plus.
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.