After the death of Mixer, Microsoft’s own streaming service, the Xbox gaming platform was left without a viable, integrated streaming service for console players. Lightstream, an extremely popular program used to edit and improve a streaming experience with overlays and more, is looking to solve this problem with their new solution. Using Lightstream’s new experimental integration with the Twitch app on Xbox, players can stream to Twitch directly from their Xbox, stream overlays and all.
If you’re interested, you can read about the experimental feature on Lightstream’s website, but any interested streamer can try out this feature over the course of the next week, albeit after going through a few steps. Streaming to Twitch using Lightstream isn’t nearly as painless as streaming to Mixer was, but this is a great alternative, and provides access to Twitch with stream overlays and other features that are normally far more difficult to implement.
Best VPN providers 2020: Learn about ExpressVPN, NordVPN & more
This integration with Lightstream brings streaming to Twitch from an Xbox console to a whole new level.
To use Lightstream’s new integration with Twitch, do the following:
- Head over to Lightstream’s website on any non-mobile (i.e., not on your phone) browser.
- Use Lightstream’s website to personalize your stream the way you want it. Choose from various overlays, alerts, scenes, and much more.
- Download the Twitch app on your Xbox console. Make sure to login with your Twitch account.
- Head over to the Broadcast section, and set your settings. You’ll want to make sure Lightstream is set as your stream destination.
- You can now start streaming from your Xbox console. Lightstream should automatically go live and set up your stream.
- You can also use the remote controls on Lightstream’s website to change scenes on the fly.
And that about does it! Are you interested in trying this integration with Lightstream and Twitch? If you have already, what did you think? Let us know in the comments below!