Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Parole denied to man imprisoned after 1992 Napa child rape | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey


The man who was imprisoned in connection to the kidnapping and rape of a 9-year-old Napa girl more than three decades ago has been denied parole, according to local prosecutors.







Roberto Malimban Antonio


Roberto Malimban Antonio, 71, was refused early release Nov. 28 in a state parole hearing held by videoconference from Valley State Prison, the office of Napa County District Attorney Allison Haley said in a news release. Malimban Antonio has been held in the Chowchilla prison since 2011, when he pleaded guilty to possessing child sex abuse materials and failing to register as a sex offender following an assault on a girl in 1992.

Malimban Antonio was sentenced to 50 years to life in state prison in a plea deal that dismissed charges of rape and kidnapping. However, California voters’ 2016 passage of Proposition 57 allowed him to seek parole earlier because his crimes were not deemed violent under the law, the District Attorney’s Office said.

People are also reading…

  • BottleRock producers to debut Festival La Onda, two days of Latin music in Napa, in June 2024
  • Napa Valley Highway 29 roundabout, signal plans advancing
  • Lee Shaw, longtime chaplain for Napa law enforcement, dies
  • Napa Mary’s Pizza Shack bounces back, reopens with new ownership
  • Proposed Napa Valley hotel near Freemark Abbey back in public arena
  • Surrendering to (Napa) Motherhood: Ready for Costco … and the chicken pot pie
  • Napa County Supervisor Ryan Gregory won’t seek third term in 2024
  • National Letter of Intent Signings: Heffernan goes the extra mile, signs with Stanford
  • Napa public schools look at the progress, and future, of scratch-cooked student meals
  • Maná, Fuerza Regida, Alejandro Fernández and Junior H to play Napa’s La Onda Latin music festival
  • Update: Two PG&E outages black out more than 1,200 customers in Napa County
  • Authorities: Stolen vehicles crash into mobile home and car; two men arrested in American Canyon
  • Update: Napa crash disrupts Silverado Trail traffic; car catches fire
  • Modern, all-Spanish adaptation of ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ to fill Napa stage
  • Clif Family Foundation and Napa Valley Vine Trail Coalition announce fundraising challenge

“It’s never easy for a victim of rape to testify against their attacker as it often forces them to relive this horrible event in their lives and be re-traumatized by it,” Deputy District Attorney Kecia Lind said in the statement. “It took a lot of bravery and resolve from the survivor to provide testimony against Mr. Antonio and we are pleased with the Board of Parole Hearings’ decision to deny him parole as it will protect the public from a dangerous child predator.”

The prison sentence stems from an attack on July 23, 1992, when a girl was lured to a stranger’s car at Mount George Elementary School, forced into the trunk, driven to a house and raped, according to court documents. She was then taken to Solano Community College and released.

Law enforcement officers examined the girl and collected biological evidence but could not identify her attacker with the technologies available in the 1990s, the Napa Valley Register previously reported. Authorities finally arrested Malimban Antonio in Vallejo in March 2010, after his DNA was matched with DNA from the Napa case using more modern technology.

Malimban Antonio’s genetic record was on file because he was convicted of lewd acts with children in 1986 in San Francisco, and in 1987 in Solano County, according to past Register reporting and the district attorney’s statement Tuesday.

Investigators in 2010 found child sex abuse images on Malimban Antonio’s computer, and also learned he had registered as a sex offender using an address where he was not living, according to the news release.

In March 2011, Malimban Antonio accepted a plea agreement that dropped rape and kidnapping charges and prevented his accuser from having to testify about the sexual assault, according to the District Attorney’s Office. The deal blocked him from appealing the sentence.



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW