- Admin – Information Technology – IT Support and Training
- Admin – Information Technology – Network/System Administrator
45,000 USD Per Year
Reporting to the Associate Network Administrator,
the Computer Technician will install, maintain and repair computers and networks. The Technician will install and maintain high quality
networks and computer systems, ensuring that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and is used to its maximum
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are primary duties:
- Set up
hardware; install and configure software and drivers.
- Maintain and repair technological equipment or peripheral
- Install LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs, etc.).
- Manage security options and software
in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks.
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality.
- Arrange maintenance sessions
to discover and mend inefficiencies.
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference.
- Offer timely technical support
and teach users how to utilize computers correctly.
- Proven experience as computer
technician or similar role
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Excellent communication abilities
- Must be a team player
- Excellent organizational and time-management
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+) will be an
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 70 pounds, with or without assistance.
Capitol Technology University
11301 Springfield Road
Laurel, MD 20708
Capitol Technology University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. As stated in our Equal Employment Policy, part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Capitol Technology University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.