Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Prince Harry seeks $843,000 compensation as phone hacking case closes | #hacking | #cybersecurity | #infosec | #comptia | #pentest | #hacker


Prince Harry is requesting AUD$843,000 in damages in his phone-hacking lawsuit against Mirror Group Newspaper who he alleges used unlawful means to dig up dirt on him. 
 
 
 

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are feeling “sick and tired” of the constant negative feedback and “cheap shots” directed towards them following their fallout with Spotify, sources close to the couple told have Us Weekly.

The 38-year-old is one of a number of high profile celebrities who are suing the publisher of the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror over claims it used illegal methods like intercepting voicemails to dg up dirt on them.

The father-of-two’s lawyers submitted 148 newspaper articles dating from 1996 t0 2010 in which Harry claimed the information had been illegally obtained. Of those, 33 were selected to discuss during his two-day testimony.

In one document released on Friday, the Duke’s lawyers have requested that the California-based royal receive AUD$610,000 in compensation

Prince Harry is seeking more than $843,000 in compensation in his phone-hacking lawsuit against Mirror Group Newspapers, the Duke of Sussex’s lawyers have told the High Court. Picture: Getty Images.

However an additional request for AUS$228,000 in damages was also submittedfor Harry having been “the target of a vast amount of unlawful information gathering by Private Investigators.”

The highest amount in damages Harry is seeking for one story is AUD$47,000 for a Sunday People December 2003 double page article.

The story detailed a disagreement between Harry and his older brother Prince William about whether to confront their late mother Princess Diana’s former butler after he wrote a tell-all book about her.  

Prince William and Prince Harry stand on the balcony of Buckingham Palace after Trooping the Colour in 2003. Picture: Getty Images.

Meantime, Harry and William appeared to have put their rift aside to pay tribute to the legacy of their late mother Princess Diana.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince of Wales both took part in a virtual ceremony to announce the recipients of The 2023 Diana Award, a prestigious achievement which honours the efforts of young people who improve the lives of others.

The estranged brothers created separate videos congratulating this year’s winners and to remember Diana who died in a paparazzi car chase crash in 1997 in Paris.

In his video, the Prince Harry spoke of his mother’s “unique ability” to fight for a more “inclusive and compassionate society”. 

Harry and William appeared to have put their rift aside to pay tribute to the legacy of their late mother Princess Diana. Picture: YouTube.

“As we come together, I am reminded of the profound belief my mother held in the transformative power of young people,” the 38-year-old said.

“ She recognised their unique ability to challenge the status quo and push for a more inclusive and compassionate society.

The Prince of Wales also congratulated the “exceptional” award recipients in his video, adding that they demonstrate to all of us that “no challenge is insurmountable”.

“Today, we recognise the power of young people to inspire meaningful change. To all award recipients, congratulations. Your accomplishments are a testament to your character, passion and determination to make a difference, you are an inspiration to young people everywhere,” the 41-year-old heir to the throne said. 

“It is a reminder that when we invest in young people, when we provide them with the tools and opportunities to make a difference, they can truly change the world. A belief shared by my mother, and one I am proud to continue in her name.”

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Story From This Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW