Professionals on the Move is a round-up of recent promotions and hiring announcements in and around the tax and accounting profession.
BKD promotes 32 to senior level, effective April 1
Tom Watson, CEO of BKD CPAs & Advisors, is pleased to announce 32 individuals will be promoted to senior manager, senior managing advisor or senior managing consultant, effective April 1.
Career paths at BKD are divided into levels, and each position is defined by its own set of duties, responsibilities and competencies requiring cumulative and advanced degrees of education, training and experience. Personnel also must demonstrate their leadership abilities as coaches and mentors, as well as take an active role in their community.
Those being promoted are:
- Katie Baker, Kansas City
- Kayla Bell, Springfield
- Luke Guillemette, San Antonio
- Austin Hoglen, St. Louis
- Jae Hyun, New York
- Luke Pals, Nashville
- Avni Patel, Houston
- Benjamin Schmitz, Kansas City
- James Shiveley, San Antonio
- John Stastny, Omaha
- Cheyenne Tanner, Waco
- Julie Thompson, Springfield
- Jay White, Houston
- Brad Wyatt, Salt Lake City
Senior Managing Advisor
- Travis Liles, BKD Wealth Advisors, Springfield
Senior Managing Consultant
- Jen Albers, Health Care Performance Advisory Services, Springfield
- Valorie Clouse, Health Care Performance Advisory Services
- Jerry Francis, State & Local Tax Services, Dallas
- Emily Hand, Indianapolis
- Andrew Horrow, New York
- Kelly Jansen, International Tax Services, St. Louis
- Bryan Keene, Bloomington
- Terri Mayfield, Springfield
- Jody McCallister, Chicago
- Caroline Mendez, Waco
- Raquel Montalvo, Loan Review Services, Houston
- Kate Morton, International Tax Services, Houston
- Melissa Sharp, Springfield
- Kate Thibert, Austin
- Adrianne Trottier, IT Risk Services, Indianapolis
- Kristen Ueckert, Houston
- Lauren Weller, Transaction Services, Denver
Deloitte Legal Business Services Bolsters Leadership Team with Former EY and Reed Smith Executives
Deloitte recently announced that legal business industry leaders Rebecca Thorkildsen and Nicholas Long have joined the rapidly-growing Deloitte’s Legal Business Services team as managing directors, based in Chicago.
Thorkildsen’s history of extensive legal, managed service, and technology experience; together with Long’s front-line experience with the business of law on a global scale — will help Deloitte clients in corporate legal departments transform enterprise contracting and bring new innovative approaches to the delivery of legal business services.
Prior to joining Deloitte, Thorkildsen previously led the strategy and development of EY’s Legal Managed Services annuity contract services, where she was responsible for developing the Americas go-to-market team. Prior to EY, she was a senior director at HBR Consulting where she co-led the Law Department Consulting practice bringing to bear nearly 20 years’ experience in law department strategy, management, and technology consulting.
With a background in legal business service, Long most recently served as the senior director of legal operations at Reed Smith LLP. Prior to that role, he was a partner in Reed Smith’s Global Corporate Group focused on M&A transactions. In addition to his past law firm experience he has extensive experience developing innovative solutions to aid in the delivery of legal services, including leading the firm’s staff attorney program and serving as a director of Gravity Stack, the firm’s legal technology subsidiary.