Founded in 2003, Richmond-based Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a domestic and international freight forwarder. At EFW, we are always on. Our commitment to personal service has made us a leader in logistic solutions across the globe. With offices across the country, EFW offers a full range of domestic and international solutions—including air, ocean, ground and international transportation—that few competitors can match.
Tha Project Manager, IT will assist others in the EFW IT Department as needed with specific IT Projects. All aspects of such project will be managed under his/her quidance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identified as an expert in the field, this position requires that the manager be able to review all project documentation and guide others efficiently.
- Provide PMI project management principles to plan, execute and finalize EFW IT projects according to SDLC with scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of assigned IT projects.
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects, to include report progress to plan, status updates, facilitate team meetings.
- Review project request documents, create initial project plan through requirement and create project charter.
- Review functional/non-functional requirements, create communication and risk plan, update overall project plans.
- Review task lists and estimates, create resource plans, review detailed design specifications, update project plans.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling user acceptance testing.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling of rapid response team training to include other training as identified.
- Update project documentation and create project closure documents to include project tracking software.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must comply with company CT-PAT regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/ Experience & Qualifications:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Systems or Information Technology . A combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration.
Ability to manage project teams, risks and issues.
Minimum of 4000 hours of experience in leading technical projects using SDLC processes.
High level experience of MS Office Products including MS Project and Visio.
Strong leadership skills.
Must be able to and comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Must be able to interact well with others.
Ability to work independently or in a team setting, in a fast paced environment.
Must be mentally and emotionally capable of handling a high stress environment.
Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 25 lbs.
Responds well to questions.
Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Lean/Six Sigma experience desired.
Prior experience working in the transportation /freight movement industry desired.
Experience in project management principles in support of large IT projects helpful
PMP certification preferred.
At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
EFW prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.