Qatar says first hacking planned in April

Qatari investigators have said that a cyber attack which saw the publication of explosive fake news last month that helped trigger a crisis with Gulf neighbours was prepared in April.

In a preliminary report published late on Thursday the investigators did not say who they held responsible for the hack but said that both Britain and the United States were helping with their inquiry.

The comments attributed to Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani on incendiary issues such as Israel, Iran and Palestinian Islamist group Hamas were one of the reasons cited by Saudi Arabia and its allies on Monday for imposing a diplomatic and economic blockade on Qatar.

Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain gave Qatari citizens 14 days to leave and closed their airspace to all Qatari flights. Saudi Arabia also closed Qatar’s only land border. CNN reported that US officials believed Russian hackers were behind the planting of the fake news.

Source:http://www.deccanchronicle.com/world/middle-east/090617/qatar-says-first-hacking-planned-in-april.html

. . . . . . . .

Leave a Reply