Privacy & Data Security Law
Jan. 19, 2023, 11:14 AM
Yum Brands suffered a ransomware attack that impacted certain information technology systems on January 18, 2023.
- Company initiated response protocols, including deploying containment measures such as taking certain systems offline and implementing enhanced monitoring technology
- Company also initiated an investigation, engaged the services of industry-leading cybersecurity and forensics professionals, and notified Federal law enforcement
- Says less than 300 restaurants in the United Kingdom were closed for one day, but all stores are now operational
- Actively engaged in fully restoring affected systems, which is expected to be largely complete in the coming days
- Company says, “Although data was taken from the …