(844) 627-8267
(844) 627-8267

Richmond School Board reacts to 15-point safety plan | #schoolsaftey


Cheyenne Pagan and Will Gonzalez

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Public Schools’ new 15-point plan to improve safety for students and teachers was discussed at a Monday evening school board meeting — and brought about several questions from board members.

Following a deadly shooting at Huguenot High School’s graduation ceremony, heated discussions have continued at Richmond School Board meetings over which next steps the school district should take to keep students and staff safe during the upcoming school year.

On Monday night, the school board got to hear the full 15-point care, safety, improvements and enhancements plan for the 2023-2024 year. The plan outlines ways to address various topics such as mental health, equipment and personnel in Richmond’s schools. It also proposes limiting cell phone access in some schools.

The plan was met with concerns from some school board members, who wanted to know things like why securing “side doors” wasn’t included, as well as why some schools had been recommended to limit cell phone access while others hadn’t.

“Please just understand, I’m a parent and I’m scared,” said Richmond School Board member Kenya Gibson, who represents the 3rd District. “There are a couple of big significant things that are missing in this document.”

Some members said they wanted to hear more details before they could support the plan. Superintendent Jason Kamras says the school district plans to take the feedback from the school board members, modify the 15-point plan and come back to the board with updates.

The full 15-point plan in its current state can be found here.



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW