Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Sacramento law enforcement officials describe pattern of attacks by ‘serial sexual predator’ | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey


An accused “serial sexual predator” who was recently arrested in New York used a similar pattern of attack in the three Sacramento assaults he’s accused of committing between 2010 and 2013, law enforcement officials said. Representatives from the Sacramento Police Department, sheriff’s office and the FBI detailed the circumstances of the attacks on three women during a press conference on Tuesday and described how investigative DNA genealogy helped them crack cases that had gone cold.The suspect, 35-year-old Kabeh Cummings, is due in court Wednesday in Sacramento to face charges that include kidnapping and sexual assault. He was arrested in New York on Aug. 29. Sacramento police Chief Kathy Lester said the first assault linked to Cummings happened in February 2010 when a stranger grabbed the victim from behind while she was walking home in the area of Franklin Boulevard and Calvine Road. After putting her in a headlock and strangling her, he pulled her into the bushes where he continued to strangle and sexually assault her, she said. She said the suspect then fled, while a second suspect who remains unknown, took the victim’s purse and also fled. A month later in March, a second victim was walking home near the 2700 block of Florin Road when she was grabbed from behind and strangled in a headlock, Lester said. The suspect dragged her into a parking lot and then behind a building where he sexually assaulted her while she was unconscious, Lester said. After the attacker fled, the victim reported the incident to police. In both cases, DNA samples were collected and entered in a system but there were no hits and the case went cold. “My heart goes out to the victims of these heinous crimes,” Lester said. The third assault that Cummings is alleged to have committed happened in the early morning hours of Sept. 19, 2013. A woman was walking in the area of Watt Avenue and Auburn when a stranger grabbed her from behind and threatened her life with a stun gun, Sacramento County Assistant Sheriff LeeAnneDra Marchese said. After forcing the victim to walk into a dark area and violently sexually assaulting her, the victim got help from a nearby business and then submitted to DNA testing. How the cases became linked In November 2021, a detective with the sheriff’s office who was investigating cold case sexual assault reports requested additional testing for the 2013 case. In June 2022, the testing led to the development of a specialized DNA profile that matched the Watt Avenue assault, along with the two unsolved cases in the city of Sacramento, Marchese said. | Video Below | Sacramento detectives release new information ‘serial sexual predator’ arrestFBI Investigation Assistant Special Agent in Charge Mark Remily said that after being contacted by the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office to support their efforts, multiple FBI field offices assisted with the investigation. “This case is a great example of why all law enforcement agencies must be able to work together,” he said. Cummings had lived in Sacramento at the time of the three rapes and also matched the description provided by the three victims, officials said. Lester said that the department’s career criminal apprehension team led the effort to find Cummings. Sacramento County District Attorney Thien Ho said that Cummings’ capture is “a testament to DNA evidence.”Cummings faces a maximum sentence of 180 years to life, if convicted, Ho said. KCRA 3 has confirmed that Cummings worked for the city of Sacramento’s START program, which is an after-school program for children and was employed by the city from 2008 to 2014. Lester said there is no indication at this time that the assaults were linked to Cummings employment. All of the victims known so far are adults, officials said.

An accused “serial sexual predator” who was recently arrested in New York used a similar pattern of attack in the three Sacramento assaults he’s accused of committing between 2010 and 2013, law enforcement officials said.

Representatives from the Sacramento Police Department, sheriff’s office and the FBI detailed the circumstances of the attacks on three women during a press conference on Tuesday and described how investigative DNA genealogy helped them crack cases that had gone cold.

The suspect, 35-year-old Kabeh Cummings, is due in court Wednesday in Sacramento to face charges that include kidnapping and sexual assault. He was arrested in New York on Aug. 29.

Sacramento police Chief Kathy Lester said the first assault linked to Cummings happened in February 2010 when a stranger grabbed the victim from behind while she was walking home in the area of Franklin Boulevard and Calvine Road. After putting her in a headlock and strangling her, he pulled her into the bushes where he continued to strangle and sexually assault her, she said.

She said the suspect then fled, while a second suspect who remains unknown, took the victim’s purse and also fled.

A month later in March, a second victim was walking home near the 2700 block of Florin Road when she was grabbed from behind and strangled in a headlock, Lester said.

The suspect dragged her into a parking lot and then behind a building where he sexually assaulted her while she was unconscious, Lester said. After the attacker fled, the victim reported the incident to police.

In both cases, DNA samples were collected and entered in a system but there were no hits and the case went cold.

“My heart goes out to the victims of these heinous crimes,” Lester said.

The third assault that Cummings is alleged to have committed happened in the early morning hours of Sept. 19, 2013.

A woman was walking in the area of Watt Avenue and Auburn when a stranger grabbed her from behind and threatened her life with a stun gun, Sacramento County Assistant Sheriff LeeAnneDra Marchese said.

After forcing the victim to walk into a dark area and violently sexually assaulting her, the victim got help from a nearby business and then submitted to DNA testing.

How the cases became linked

In November 2021, a detective with the sheriff’s office who was investigating cold case sexual assault reports requested additional testing for the 2013 case.

In June 2022, the testing led to the development of a specialized DNA profile that matched the Watt Avenue assault, along with the two unsolved cases in the city of Sacramento, Marchese said.

| Video Below | Sacramento detectives release new information ‘serial sexual predator’ arrest

FBI Investigation Assistant Special Agent in Charge Mark Remily said that after being contacted by the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office to support their efforts, multiple FBI field offices assisted with the investigation.

“This case is a great example of why all law enforcement agencies must be able to work together,” he said.

Cummings had lived in Sacramento at the time of the three rapes and also matched the description provided by the three victims, officials said.

Lester said that the department’s career criminal apprehension team led the effort to find Cummings.

Sacramento County District Attorney Thien Ho said that Cummings’ capture is “a testament to DNA evidence.”

Cummings faces a maximum sentence of 180 years to life, if convicted, Ho said.

KCRA 3 has confirmed that Cummings worked for the city of Sacramento’s START program, which is an after-school program for children and was employed by the city from 2008 to 2014.

Lester said there is no indication at this time that the assaults were linked to Cummings employment. All of the victims known so far are adults, officials said.



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW