Land Line Now, July 3, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Scammers are always trying to make a dishonest buck, and truckers end up being frequent targets. We’ll review some of the scams going after your wallet now.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA says states should have authority over drug and alcohol violations; the U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement is now in effect; and own a piece of the Old West – in New Zealand. It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Dupree’s new song a tribute to truckers
Jesse James Dupree, lead singer of the band Jackyl, is out with a new song that isn’t just dedicated to truck drivers – it’s about them. We’ll find out what inspired him to write the song, “It Didn’t Fall from the Sky.”
III. Scammers frequently after truckers
Scammers are always trying to make a dishonest buck. And truckers end up being a frequent target. We’ll review some of the scams going after your wallet right now.
IV. Effort to increase insurance still alive
A last-ditch effort to remove an insurance increase from the House version of the highway bill has fallen short. Now, trucking advocates are looking at what’s next.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
Get your CompTIA A+, Network+ White Hat-Hacker, Certified Web Intelligence Analyst and more starting at $35 a month. Click here for more details.