The Security Administrator will be responsible to perform the day to day operations, management and administration, within the Perimeter Security team, to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information assets and technology infrastructures of the organization. The daily activities and responsibilities include technical security administration, function as a security technical resource to support project works and off hours support. This role also participates in security planning and provides input on the selection of methods used to ensure the protection of American Greeting systems and data. The Security Administrator role will also makes contributions in the evaluation, development, and implementation of security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments. This individual will report directly to the Manager, Servers / Security/Storage Teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Experience in administration of some or all of the infrastructure platforms outlined below. Specific responsibilities include:
-Provide first level support for all security functions related to Perimeter security infrastructure
-Monitor functional mailboxes for Security Admin requests
-Manage open security requests and issues to ensure all work is delivered on time and with high quality
-Assist with and provide technical guidance on all perimeter security issues that arise and resolve them in a timely manner either in person, over the phone or remotely and escalate if needed.
-Assist senior team members to perform investigation or security forensic activities
-Provides technical support on all perimeter security aspects of the operations of the firewall, VPNs, IDS/IPS, NAC, DLP, Web Filtering, Radius, enterprise End-point protection solutions, Enterprise centralized log management solution, threat & risk/vulnerability management solution.
-Provides analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, and clients. Identifies requirements, based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts organizations systems at risk.
-Participate in security compliance efforts. Performs all security audit activities required by Corporate Information systems and Internal auditing departments;
-Champion security process and operational improvements and best practices
-Create, maintain, and document security baselines
-Develops documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance and specific problem resolution.
-Require to provide on call support and execute maintenance activities during both business hours and off business hours
-Provide 24 x 7 support for both planned and unplanned activities to minimize disruption to the business
The qualified candidate will have:
IT security discipline with minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant experience; formal training and/or demonstrated aptitude to acquire the skills necessary to be effective in the specific technologies covered in the responsibilities list is required.
Candidate should have extensive understanding in routing, switching, firewall, IPS/IDS, Radius, VPNs in Cisco technologies.
Good working knowledge of Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (IPSEC, SSL/VPN tunneling, Firewall access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control) and compliance (PCI, SOX, HIPAA)
Must have the following knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values
– Flexible, positive and team-oriented attitude; Ability to work collaboratively as a team
– Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively with team members
– Perform duties with minimal supervision
– Strong written, verbal and presentation abilities
– Able to handle dynamic and high pressure environment with focus on success and productivity
– Demonstrate excellent analytical abilities and critical thinking
– Excellent troubleshooting, root cause analysis and test planning skills
– Thorough knowledge of computer security issues and established security practices in a large enterprise environment
– Practical working experience is required in the following areas:
Cisco Catalyst, Nexus Switches and routers
Cisco ASA appliances and their IDS/IPS capabilities
Cisco SSL VPN solution
– Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
– Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)
– Perform security tool administration providing risk analysis of the following:
Security event logging & monitoring analyzers
Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS) and firewall logs
Performs system and network security audits
Anti-virus products and central console
– Good understanding of IEEE 802.11 standards, and Wireless security concepts
– Fundamentals of network routing & switching
– Intermediate knowledge of internetworking (protocol, port and routing level)
– Basic to intermediate knowledge of message hygiene, anti-spam/anti-malware/anti-virus for messaging systems
– Working experience with SEIMs and Log Management, syslog analysis, HTTP and TCP/IP analysis, and vulnerability assessment to include.
– Good working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure and the management of digital certificates
– Basis to intermediate knowledge of Endpoint Protection solution in an enterprise environment
– General knowledge of AIX UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems with the focus of security administration
Preferred application has a 2 or 4-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related IT security discipline