Title: IT Security Administrator
Pay type: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Vice President of IT
Security Administrator is responsible for managing and supporting the organization’s security solutions protecting internal and external resources from threats and incidents. This person will be responsible for Enterprise security strategy by providing expertise in end to end security systems and policies (relating to remote access, enterprise web filtering, data center firewalls, LAN/WAN monitoring, vulnerability scans and automated patching). Additionally, this position will act as project manager on IT initiatives and will serve as primary backup to the Network Administrator role.
Perfect job for a Windows Server/System Administrator with security experience wanting to move into a security role. This person should be able to identify and implement endpoint security improvements with new and existing utilities and applications. Midsize Company looking for someone who enjoys working in a smaller shop with great learning opportunities and direct access with the user community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, deploy and support all security solutions
- Provide day to day support of firewalls (Fortigate), anti-virus software including the monitoring and troubleshooting of existing network rules and activity.
- Determine appropriate levels of security controls and system monitoring.
- Perform vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Use effective measures to respond to network security alerts
- Ensure network security applications / appliances are operating effectively and updated timely.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories
- Develop and maintain the company’s security documents (policies, standards, procedures).
- Effectively resolve issues; working with both external and internal support teams.
- Work with members of the IT staff to realize enterprise approach to security.
- Initiate, facilitate, and promote activities to create information security awareness within the organization.
- Manage the testing and scheduling of software patches and upgrades to current and future environments.
- Highly Organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
- Requires limited supervision, self-starter, strong time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Light in-state travel will be required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- 4+ years Windows Server Admin (Win 7, 10, Windows Server)
- 3 years Network Administration (Firewalls, Switches, Active Directory, Domain and Group Policy Administration, Patch Management)
- 2 years Server Setup and Configuration
- 2+ years experience with security software (virus protection, spyware, malware, spam)
- 2+ years experience vulnerability testing
- 1+ year Linux Admin experience
- Fortigate Firewall Knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of information security concepts (desired: Security+ certification)
- Project Management Experience preferred