IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, you will have extensive experience in conducting system security verification and validation and process improvement.
- As the Security Analyst you will work as specialist in data security and systems analysis techniques, plans and conduct analysis of unique or unyielding problems in a broad, mission critical system.
- You will work closely with government security teams to insure that security processes and procedures are in place and being followed.
- Conduct system security verification and validation and process improvement (70%)
- Analyze system security problems. (20%)
- Documenting security analysis processes and procedures (10%)
- Work is located in Boise, Idaho
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
.PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Fixed Term – Long Term
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 Yrs experience in the following:
- analyzing system security problems that develop from use of automated systems.
- conducting fact finding, investigation, and analysis, with some testing requirements.
- assisting with preparing briefings and may make presentations regarding system security enhancements or alternatives.
- independently performing knowledge management tasks using technical ability with database entry, SharePoint or similar information and knowledge management tools.
- system analysis and knowledge of pertinent system software and computer equipment and of the work processes, applicable regulations, work load, and practices of the U.S. Government land and resources management agencies.
- recognizing probable interactions of related computer systems to predict security impact of a system change
- working independently under overall project objectives and requirements
- Security Clearance of Minimal Background Investigation
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Familiarity with data center environments
- Familiarity with software testing
- Familiarity with Sharepoint
- U.S. citizenship required.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.