The Security Control Center (SCC) is 24/7/365 security operation that provides assistance for all Emergency/Life Threatening situations to include but not limited to; 911 traces, kidnappings, bomb threats, hostage/barricades and release of non-pub numbers in emergency situations, emergency court orders and other volatile/emergency situations that arise. The SCC deals with sensitive situations affecting Verizon, Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) and 911 Public Service Answering Points (PSAP) on a national scale. Analysts must be able to process orders to trap and trace life-threatening or annoying telephone calls through receipt of proper legal request.
The SCC also handles inbound and outbound calls/referrals for a variety of Verizon security related issues, domestic and international, for Verizon and Verizon Wireless. SCC Analysts are the voice of Security to Verizon employees, and prepare initial reports for all Verizon investigative teams. The SCC is the single point of contact for all Verizon Security issues and personnel.
The SCC provides assistance for the Legal Compliance function within Verizon. Required to decipher legal documents and answer legal requests for Verizon records. The SCC ensures timely and accurate compliance with Emergency Disclosure Forms, subpoenas, court orders, search warrants, National Security Letters, and special computer searches. Information gathered and provided is frequently for company proprietary information, e.g., subscriber, usage, credit and employee information. This assistance could possibly include associated expert witness testimony in court in response to Federal and State law enforcement agencies or civil proceedings.
The SCC also has direct responsibility for the unlawful call investigations within Verizon and familiarity with the products the company offers to mitigate unlawful calls. Includes interfacing with end-user customer and law enforcement to resolve unlawful call cases. Conducts in-depth investigations to determine perpetrator for victims of unlawful or nuisance calls for both residential and business customers and relay special instructions to be followed during the course of the investigation.
Assignments include but not limited to the following:
- Emergency call traces: 911 traces, active traces, bomb threats, kidnappings, last call buffers hostage/barricades, VOL IP emergency requests and special computer searches.
- Authorized release of customer information to Law Enforcement Agencies including non-published numbers in emergency life threatening situations
- Legal requests made by Law Enforcement (local, state and federal)
- Process Verizon Wireless legal requests into Security system.
- 24/7/365 Security Central Desk function for entire Verizon (wireline and wireless) footprint.
- Out of hours and emergency backup for all VZ Security Offices/Personnel.
- Handles escalated calls or matters in a courteous, professional and expeditious manner.
- Performs In-Charge duties as required.
- Assists Law Enforcement in establishing legal authorized court ordered surveillances on an emergency basis.
- Must be able to work voluntary and mandatory overtime, when required
- Must be able to perform shift-work (nights, weekends and holidays).
- Will be required to work 1st shift (11pm – 7:30am) or 3rd shift (3:00pm -11:30pm) for the majority of the year.
- Position requires strict adherence to confidentiality as well as protecting the identity of callers, clients as well as company assets
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communications, problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to make critical, independent decisions in volatile and emergency life threatening situations with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, including a working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe PDF files.
- Familiarity with Verizon Corporate structure and the Verizon Code of Business Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Generally requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Good working knowledge of wireline and wireless telephony network and operations
- Possess a good working knowledge of Verizon legacy and web-based applications.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents including, but not limited to Subpoenas and Court Orders. Although not a requirement, some functions of the organization may require application and passage of U.S. Government Secret (F.I.S.A.) Clearance.
- The ability to work off shifts (as required) with minimal direct supervision and function effectively under stressful situations. Rotating shifts, nights, weekends and holidays are required as needs of the business dictate. Required to be accessible 24x7x365 days a year.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.