What you’ll be doing…
As a Security Consultant within Verizon’s Investigative Response Team, the candidate will be expected to serve on a tactical arm of the team, conducting computer forensic analysis, data recovery, eDiscovery, and other IT investigative work. Due to the inherent volatility of investigative response work, the candidate will be expected to discharge the various responsibilities assigned to their role while successfully managing a variable caseload. The candidate will be responsible for integrity in analysis, quality in client deliverables, as well as gathering caseload intelligence. The position will operate within a close team of computer forensics, fraud examiners, and other IT investigative experts, as well as customer management, counsel, human resources, and other IT technical personnel.
The Security Analyst – Digital Forensics Advisor needs to:
The candidate will be expected to possess solid IT technical experience, strong communication skills, and must be technically able to hit the ground running in most any back office environment. The candidate must be well-versed and capable of leading an engagement in at least 2 of our core offerings: PCI-related IR/Forensics investigations, Financial Services, Intellectual Property, Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), Expert Witness/Litigation Support, IR Training, eDiscovery, Mobile Phone Forensics.
Must be able to assist customers in responding rapidly and effectively to computer-related incidents and should consistently exceed expectations while working in a customer-facing setting.
- Have the capability to quickly identify the source of a security breach and move toward containment is essential.
- Have proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks and across multiple platforms is desired. Must possess the ability to articulate well in both written and oral communication.
- Must also be able to manage multiple projects on a daily basis. The successful candidate must be very detail-oriented and must be able to interact with other staff and customers effectively, in person or by phone.
- Possess critical thinking skills, problem solving and the ability to work long working hours and up to 50% travel is vital.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or four or more years work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the following operating systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, and MacOS.
- Knowledge of information security; network architecture; database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; email systems, such as Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes; Microsoft Office applications; and computer forensic tools such as EnCase and FTK.
- Experience conducting security assessments, penetration testing, and ethical hacking.
- Experience in managing the day-to-day aspects of protected customer relationships, as well as IT investigative cases and corporate security incidents.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- The ability to work extremely well under pressure, while maintaining confidentiality, and a professional image and approach with customers.
- A current PCI QSA/QIRA or GCFA certification, or the background and requirements in order to successfully achieve one within the first 6 months of employment.
- Previous experience in a security professional services consulting.
- A strong background in evidentiary procedures, volatile criminal/civil situations, fraud analysis and IR fundamentals.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.