IBM Security Operations Center (SOC) Analysts are individual contributors responsible for providing IT security services to clients within the IBM Security Services, Managed Security Services (MSS) organization. As a member of a team, or working independently, perform an analytical and technical role in implementation, integration, and delivery of technical IT security solutions for clients. This includes the use of inter-operational processes and procedures. Deliver high quality technical and/or consulting solutions to clients in response to managed core and perimeter security requirements. Perform multiple assigned technical tasks including system administration, problem determination, monitoring, research, and analysis of complex security solutions. SOC Analysts have network security product, technology, threat, vulnerability and MSS offering specialized skills. Have enhanced professional, operational, communication, documentation, and inter-personal skills to function effectively in collaborative high stakes and high stress situations with clients. This position will be in Atlanta, GA and requires the flexibility to work alternate shifts as required.
- Monitor Customer security systems
- Work with client to help remediate and answer questions regarding their security environment.
- Participate in client calls
- Make recommendation to clients to improve security posture.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and maintain host and network Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)/Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS) and Unified Threat Management (UTMs) for a wide variety of vendor technologies
- Manage, troubleshoot, and maintain vendor specific management stations related to security platforms.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Security Services Specialist
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- I/T related Security certificate, education or experience in security field.
- Basic knowledge/familiarity in Network Troubleshooting and fundamentals.
- Basic knowledge/familiarity with Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- Basic knowledge/familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- At least 1 year experience in Customer Service
- Flexibility for alternate shift work as required
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- At least 1-2 years experience in Network Troubleshooting
- At least 1-2 years experience in Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- At least 1-2 years experience in Operating System Skills
- Certified in CISSP
- Certified in GCIA
- Certified in CEH
- Certified CCNA
High School Diploma/GED
Early Professional Track
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
managed security services, network security, IPS, IDS, intrusion detection, intrusion protection
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.