Principal Duties and Essential Functions
Responsible for ensuring a secure computing environment throughout the organization. Implement security services, appliances, systems, policies, and procedures for protecting information assets from threats, both external and internal. Provide advanced skills in identifying and eliminating security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
Research, evaluate, architect, implement, and maintain networking technologies that ensure a secure environment. Develop a defense-in-depth solution that provides protection, proactively monitors for threats, and regularly reports on security incidents and metrics. Implement policies and procedures that follow industry best practices and compliance frameworks, including HIPAA, ISO, HITECH, NIST, SANS Top 20, OWASP Top 10, etc. Stay current with evolving security trends, risks, and technologies.
Prepare, conduct, and remediate results of both internal and external audits, security/risk assessments and vulnerability scans of the enterprise environment. Assist with the security evaluation of vendors and applications. Provide and/or support security awareness training within the organization.
Act as a knowledge resource and provide secondary support for existing network devices and services, i.e. firewalls, switches, load balancers, remote access/VPN, DNS, wireless, etc. Demonstrate knowledge of network security technologies, e.g. IDS/IPS, DLP, PKI, SSL, Certificates, etc. Document, potential security breaches and follow organizational procedures for incident response. Provide advanced problem solving skills, with required attention to detail, and exhibit an in-depth knowledge of industry-standard networking/security concepts and technologies. Present exceptional customer service in the course of troubleshooting and other interactions with employees, physicians, and clinicians.
- Has successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or can demonstrate equivalent work experience in a network security environment.
- Advanced knowledge of general networking concepts, technology, and tools.
- Detailed technical knowledge of network security, authentication, protocols, and encryption.
- Demonstrated experience with development and support of information security programs.
- Completion of industry certification a plus, e.g. CCNA, CCIE, CISSP, GIAC
- Ability to collaborate with IT, executives, and business stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Experience with healthcare organizations is a plus.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
- Have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, and analytical.
- Strong team player that can work independently when needed.
To apply, please click “Apply Now”
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time