Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Preferred, but not required: shift Monday – Friday 3 p.m. – 12 a.m.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for serving as a Tier 1 SOC Analyst. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the detailed and repeatable execution of all operational tasks as documented in SOC processes and subordinate procedures.
- Monitor the SOC Main Channel for security events.
- Close or escalates security events as necessary.
- Update all relevant documentation such as shift logs and tickets.
- Identify impact of incidents on systems, and using available tools determine if data was infiltrated.
- Document and maintain a knowledge base of alarms (false positives and false negatives, blacklists, whitelists) that IDS and IPS encounter.
- Serve as work area experts for security/information assurance policy recommendations.
- Gather intelligence from sources outside the SOC (both internal and external sources) and leverage for operations.
- Escalate incidents to applicable Anthem entities for remediation.
- Build relationships with other Anthem business units to strengthen security posture throughout the organization.
- Ensure security events and incidents are detected and escalated in a timely manner.
- Provide analysis and investigation to determine if alerts or security events warrant incident classification.
- Track incidents through final resolution.
- Perform incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact.
- Drive the Information Fusion Procedure where various data inputs are gathered, analyzed and presented in a meaningful, actionable manner.
- Responsible for long term analysis and investigation into Anthem network activity, and the creation of custom logic to detect unique or previously undetectable attacks on Anthem’s information assets.
Requirements for Security Analyst III and Sr
- Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 3 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets
- 3+ years of experience in a support and operations or design and engineering role;
- or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner) preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.