Job DescriptionWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
This position functions as part of a team of analysts in the US-based Security Operations Center for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Analysts monitor and investigate anomalous network activity and alerts, participate in advanced threat hunting, and triage/mitigate threats.
What will you do?
- Monitoring and analysis of alerts and anomalous network activity
- Initial triage of events/incidents
- Implement appropriate mitigations
- Provide occasional on-call support
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of related cybersecurity work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Understanding of Networking (TCP/IP, OSI Model, Wireless, Routing and Switching)
- Understanding of Cyber Security concepts and best practice
- Basic Knowledge of OS’s (Windows, MAC, Linux variants)
- Basic understanding of attack vectors
CSA+, Network+, Security+, GSEC, GCIH, GMON, ECSA or related certification(s) a plus
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.