Implements security measures to safeguard information and resources against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure. Tests security controls through internal compliance reviews to maintain validity of the data access environment. Respond to requests for creation or modification of system and application accounts. Assist in the management of departmental applications and systems for availability and compliance.
- Communicates and implements established physical, data and computer security policies and procedures
- Assists in the establishment and documentation of new security policies and practices
- Sets up secured access to facilities, equipment, network, systems and applications, and implements established access rules for data from validated management requirements. Assigns, resets, and maintains user logins and passwords
- Confers with System Administrators to incorporate new software security into established SIEM and IDS/IPS systems
- Assist with the coordination or implementation of recovery test plans to continue data access processing activities at offsite location in case of emergency, such as fire at main site
- Develops and implements tests of computer systems to monitor effectiveness of security. May be required to assist in training
- Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report on possible violations of security to management. Documents internal investigations of possible security violations. May be required to talk with employees about security violations or provide security training
- Responds to security incidents individually or as part of an incident response team
- Executes security projects as directed by Security Management and reports on the status of these as required
- Coordinates or assists with IT and Compliance audits. i.e., client or Regulatory
- Participate in Security Group on-call rotation
- Some travel may be requied
- Maintain concentration and focus in order to meet performance goals
- React positively to an ongoing, changing environment
- Demonstrate the ability to handle pressure when attempting to meet deadlines and performance goals
- Maintain good working relationship with assigned supervisors and coworkers
- Work safely without presenting a threat to self or others
- Perform additional duties as required by management
College degree in Computer Science, Computer Security, Management Information or equivalent degrees. May substitute prior relevant work experience and certifications for formal degree.
4 to 6 years or more years as a Security Administrator, Data Security Practitioner, or Systems Administrator
Must be able to type quickly and accurately, use a mouse effectively, and have a basic understanding of Windows-based operating systems.
Training or experience in project management preferred
- 2-4 years of experience implementing Security Policies and Procedures
- Experience working with multiple projects simultaneously is preferred
- 4 to 6 years of experience working with Windows and UNIX Servers, Networking components, Firewalls, MS File Shares or Email content filtering
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and people skills required.
- IT and Compliance auditing skills.
- Scripting and Networking experience.
- Knowledge of physical access control systems. i.e., Card Key Access controls, Security Cameras, etc.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft security, MS Active Directory and Exchange account administration, RSA Tokens, MDM applications.
- Experience configuring or working with IDS/IPS, Log Monitoring, Configuration Control systems or SIEM systems.
- Working in a team environment.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Solve problems or issues that may come up.
- Concentrate and focus for extended periods of time.
- Remain alert at all times.
- Adhere to work schedule and punctuality requirements
All job offers are contingent upon completion of drug and background checks.
GC Services is an equal opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet